C4 Forums | Control4

Canadian MSRP HC-1000

C4Canuck

That might be right, international is not necessarily US retail, unfortunately.

He also may be including the labor to install and configure it into the system, you'd want to check on that.

Installing an HC-1000 isn't quite as simple as drop-in and you're done. When you transfer the project over to the 1000, you have to do some things with the media, if I recall correctly.

RyanE

Control4 charges Canadian dealers a currency and brokerage adjustment (hopefully not much on the currency side these days) plus they charge the dealer shipping which is more expensive than domestic pricing.

Does anybody know if the MSRP is the same for both Canada and US, specifically the HC-1000V3? Canadian $ is currently at a premium to $US, and both countries are covered by the North American Free Trade Act.:|

It was $1595 plus installation - moving over from a HC300.

I can find US prices but it's difficult to know what the going rate is in Canada, so I sucked it up and said yes.

What's the going rate to instal a Dune driver and hook up my DSC security?

Thanks to each of you for your response. It has been very helpful. I find it frustrating to see bumps in price at the Canadian Border that may originate with the manufacturer. Dealer shipping can't add $400+? I've had a patio table shipped from Massachusetts for less than $100.

Do any of you have a Canadian MSRP for the 7" InfinityEdge Touch Screen?

Also Rhapsody seems well integrated into the US Control4 but blocked by our government - just another frustration.

Yes, with this type of IP address spoofing it is easy to get Rhapsody, Hulu etc. I have found once the Rhapsody account is actually set up, you no longer need the spoofing.

I managed to get Rhapsody in BC.

I signed up for a trail VPN. Logged into Rhapsody through it and set up an account. It's worked ever since

Agree that we're severely limited by the Govt - Hulu, etc

There are a few BC based dealers on this forum. If you have a need for some equipment, perhaps post a list and a means to contact you and I am sure you will get some responses.

Thanks to each of you for your response. It has been very helpful. I find it frustrating to see bumps in price at the Canadian Border that may originate with the manufacturer. Dealer shipping can't add $400+? I've had a patio table shipped from Massachusetts for less than $100.

Do any of you have a Canadian MSRP for the 7" InfinityEdge Touch Screen?

Also Rhapsody seems well integrated into the US Control4 but blocked by our government - just another frustration.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived