C4 Forums | Control4

Media Player's

GarethKeenan

I have the C4 media player, but one of the things I don't like about it, is that you can only burn the movie onto an HTPC. There is no ability to control menus from burned DVD's and therefore burning T.V. show DVD's is not possible. I've read that the C4 media player is inferior to other brands (i.e. Netgear), but my concern with switching is the integration portion.

Does the Netgear EVA 8000 integrate cleanly into C4? One of the things I really like about the C4 media player is that on my iPad I can scroll through the movie's by the DVD cover art. Is this still the case with a non-C4 media player?

I know a lot of people hate the C4 media player, but my only beef to date is the lack of menu's for movie playback and it's more expensive than other media players. Otherwise it seems to work well for streaming movies/music.

It sounds like it's the same presentation on the iPad for the Netgear, Dune and C4 media players if I'm reading the above responses right. I know the XBMC looks different and I wasn't impressed with it.

The video quality of the XBMC skin has nothing to do with Control4. I'm not sure what you guys are talking about...

I just saw the beginning of the video and saw the old GUI, and figured that's what he was talking about. I didn't even get to the XBMC part.

XBMC fully integrates with the system, and it costs $0 so long as you have a device to run it on (PC).

XBMC fully integrates with the system, and it costs $0 so long as you have a device to run it on (PC).

I have got the trial of the WOL app and everytime is switch on my system, my PC running XBMC switches on. Note that my PC is switched totally off (not in standby) so consumes 0 power when off.

I am now trying to put togethter in MINI-ITX embedded system for XBMC - any sugestions???

• 1 month later...

I'm not a dealer.., does that matter ? will i need a password ?

Edit >>>> Found it.. yes, 5 days to get a password and need to be a dealer.

Can someone email the XMBC codes to me ? Possibly ?? Will transfer the title of Bimmer..... :)

Thanks.

Found another thread discussing this very topic. I guess I can't get access to the XMBC drivers. Can anyone recommend a dealer in SoCal that can help me with this setup ?

Thanks.

phil@infostreet.com

Where in SoCal? Email me.

Archived