C4 Forums | Control4

Issue a shutdown command to my PC

getafix

http://www.buy.com/prod/wireless-ir-usb-laptop-pc-remote-control-for-windows-xp-media-center/q/sellerid/18700237/loc/101/216067904.html

Attach USB IR receiver to computer. Then I would think you would create a basic dvd?? type driver, learn in the IR codes, and then control with IR bud from C4 controller and programming in Composer to put computer on "Stand BY" when pressing room off button. Am I over thinking this?? LOL

looks like a similar set up as long as the remote has buttons for what you want to control it should

you would, or your dealer would, create a generic driver by capturing the codes from the remote enter it into your project then program within C4 accordingly

I'm not familiar with MCE, but if you can link a button on the ir remote to execute a program, you can create a batch file to do a "shutdown -s". Then learn that button into C4 and you should be set.

I'm not familiar with MCE, but if you can link a button on the ir remote to execute a program, you can create a batch file to do a "shutdown -s". Then learn that button into C4 and you should be set.

Issuing a batch file sounds like a plan. I use that option already in another non C4 application, but I didn't know that you could use this method in conjunction with C4.

Attached is a sleep batch file the I use with windows task manager.

An alternative that should work would be to use EventGhost (free Windows automation software -- pass keystrokes, shutdown, etc.) with the web server enabled on EventGhost, and a TCP driver that sends events to EventGhost.

http://www.eventghost.org/

I've used this previously to start / stop applications on Windows from a Control4 system. (MyHomePC, actually. It was made to have a TV-sized touchpanel start Navigator on the display, and then switch back to a different app when they were done. *very* slick...).

It's much bigger pain to setup, but works well once going.

RyanE

Archived