C4 Forums | Control4

LED question on Dimmer & Keypad

dannyboy

Im sure this is simple

I created a schedule to wake me up in the morning, with changing colors on dimmers to give a visual indication how close it is before I need to leave home to go to work (Yeah, I know that is what a clock is for)

Now I cannot see how to reset the keypad & Dimmer back to default with only one LED on indicating if light is on of off.

How do you set the LEDs display back to their default behaviour?

Dan is correct. Even if you set LED colors for a device in PROPERTIES, those colors can and will be overwritten programmatically. Practically none of my lighting controls are utilizing the same LED color-set throughout the day :)

I think I'm still missing something...

All my other (ie ones i did not program) dimmers (and keypads that are aligned to dimmers) only have one led on, which changes to between the top and bottom depending on if the light is on.

I like this because it gives a visual indication of whether to hit top or bottom of switch to toggle light.

How Do I program to get back to this behavior? I'm calling it default because that is how it behaved out of the box.

^^Again, there is no out-of-box default for colors. It is somewhat true that most come through with green as the TOP ON color but I have seen many deliver with both top and bottom GREEN when off. I just don't think you can say there is a default. OK, enough of that business.

Once you change colors AWAY FROM THOSE YOU MAY HAVE ESTABLISHED UNDER THE PROPERTIES TAB, you then must assign colors from there on out programmatically.

Thank-you.. my inexperience shining through..

The answer to my question to set the LEDs back to their DEFAULT :P behaviour was to reset them in the properties tab.

Controlforumguy, you gave me the clue, because I was trying to do it programatically and could not work out how (Maybe it can be done, but I could not work out how) .

I clearly need to play with the programming more. Look forward to some more dumb questions coming your way soon...

For me, the most time consuming element was getting the exact shade & intensity of each LED. There is a Excel spread (I think) out there that helps one to determine the three settings for a desired LED color. I'd need to search a bit but it is here somewhere.

Dan or Paul might have this tool.

For me, the most time consuming element was getting the exact shade & intensity of each LED. There is a Excel spread (I think) out there that helps one to determine the three settings for a desired LED color. I'd need to search a bit but it is here somewhere.

Dan or Paul might have this tool.

I'd love to get my hands on that spreadsheet. But in the meantime, I found this site that might be useful...

http://blog.tleish.com/2007/03/22/control4-dimmer-led-color-tool/

Site is old and I can't seem to download the tool but at least the RGB colors are listed.

Archived