C4 Forums | Control4

Key Programming / Keypad Properties

Elkridge

Could somebody tell me what the check box (Keypad Managed & Follow Bound Color) means or does when checked under properties tab of a keypad ???

Also is it possible to program a button on a keypad to ramp up/down a dimmable switch without going to a preset level in other words have the keypad act like the dimmer itself ???

Last question, is it possible to copy the entire programming of keypad to another like keypad without going through each programmed button ???

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Could somebody tell me what the check box (Keypad Managed & Follow Bound Color) means or does when checked under properties tab of a keypad ???

Keypad managed had never ben explained to me, but from what I can tel it pertains to the LED changing colors as it's pressed. Follow bound color means it will follow the color if the dimer it's bound to.

Also is it possible to program a button on a keypad to ramp up/down a dimmable switch without going to a preset level in other words have the keypad act like the dimmer itself ???

Yes. Your dealer needs to set this up. It's one if very few things that cannot be done with Composer Home Edition

Last question, is it possible to copy the entire programming of keypad to another like keypad without going through each programmed button ???

Yes. Right click on it and hit Copy. When you get where you want to paste it, right click and hit Paste.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

No problem, I hope it was helpful.

Thanks for the help, my dealer is telling me that a keypad cannot be programmed to ramp up/down a dimmer (it can only be programmed to a preset level or to a lighting sceen of which I was already aware). Bummer, they need a hold button option in programming, hopefully an update in the future.

I was aware of the copy function, however, I was hoping to copy all the programing of a keypad in its entirety to another keypad (not a button and function at a time). Again, hopefully an update in the future.

Thanks again for your interest in my troubles.

I have 2 dimmers bound to a 6 button keypad. Each dimmer makes use of 2 buttons that function exactly the same as the dimmer itself ie. Press top button for all on; bottom for all off; press and hold to dim up or down. I don't know, but maybe it's possible to have 3 dimmers on a 6 button.

I wonder if it is possible to bind more than 1 dimmer load to the same set of keypad buttons, thus giving the ability to control more than 3 loads per 6 button keypad.

You can't bind more than one load to a key pad button.

I wonder if it is possible to bind more than 1 dimmer load to the same set of keypad buttons' date=' thus giving the ability to control more than 3 loads per 6 button keypad.[/quote']

You can't bind more than one load to a key pad button.

No, but you can bind a dimmer to each button. You could six dimmers bound to a six button keypad.

Thanks to everyone for helping me further my education in C4, as it is new to me. I do not believe a scene can be dimmed as the scene is just that, however if a dimmer can be bound to a keypad button would you still have the ability to dim up/down with a single button or would you need the use of 2 buttons to be able to dim up/down???

• 7 months later...
Thanks for the help, my dealer is telling me that a keypad cannot be programmed to ramp up/down a dimmer (it can only be programmed to a preset level or to a lighting sceen of which I was already aware). Bummer, they need a hold button option in programming, hopefully an update in the future.

I was able to get a 2-button to behave like a dimmer using HE, by basically programming key presses on the the 2-button to trigger key presses on the corresponding dimmer (including press/hold to ramp up). Seems to work well EXCEPT that a quick single-tap and release does not turn the light to 0 or 100% (depending on top or bottom). Actually, since this functionality wasn't important to me, I didn't try to incorporate it---so perhaps this can be mimiced too.

Archived