C4 Forums | Control4

Switching Amp off and using TV volume in some cases

mwarchut

Howdy

In some cases in my Family Room I see it as a waste to use my Receiver for sound and would much rather just have the TV running things.. For instance when the kids put the TIVO on I see no need for the amp/reciver to be up and sending PGE more money. Is there a way in HE that I can shut off the amp and tell the C4 to use the TV volume control instead??? I figured out how to shut off the amp but not control the TV volume instead.

Another common configuration so you can have 'both options' is to create two different rooms, both of which use the TV as the video endpoint, one of which uses the receiver as the audio endpoint, the other uses the TV. When the kids are watching TV, they use the 'Kids TV Room' room, and when you want to watch a movie with the receiver, you just use 'TV Room'.

RyanE

• 6 years later...

I'm trying to accomplish something similar, but with a twist.  I have a room with a single TV and two in-ceiling speakers that are all connected to Control4.  I have a Nintendo Wii plugged directly into the TV.  Is there a way to accomplish something like the following while keeping everything as a single room:

1. When Wii is selected as source, only Samsung TV is used for sound.  All Volume commands from C4 only go to TV.
  2. When anything is the video source, only the in-ceiling speakers are used.
  3. Since different audio sources will be used in this room, I can see the need to turn down the TVs volume up and down depending on if the Wii was previously used.  Is it possible to take the volume on the TV to zero (not mute since the icon always shows on-screen) when the Wii is selected, or when the TV powers off?

Thank you for your help!

8 minutes ago, burowyako said:

I'm trying to accomplish something similar, but with a twist.  I have a room with a single TV and two in-ceiling speakers that are all connected to Control4.  I have a Nintendo Wii plugged directly into the TV.  Is there a way to accomplish something like the following while keeping everything as a single room:

1. When Wii is selected as source, only Samsung TV is used for sound.  All Volume commands from C4 only go to TV.
  2. When anything is the video source, only the in-ceiling speakers are used.
  3. Since different audio sources will be used in this room, I can see the need to turn down the TVs volume up and down depending on if the Wii was previously used.  Is it possible to take the volume on the TV to zero (not mute since the icon always shows on-screen) when the Wii is selected, or when the TV powers off?

Thank you for your help!

1. yes but  expect some odd issues like you will need to volume down the tv when not in use this can be done in programming

2. yes

3 yes it will need to be programed

Just now, Matt Lowe said:

1. yes but  expect some odd issues like you will need to volume down the tv when not in use this can be done in programming

2. yes

3 yes it will need to be programed

Thanks, @Matt Lowe.  Any chance that you'd be willing to share some tips on the programming?  Which event would be a good start to program the rest of the functionality?  I see how to start a conditional statement if a certain source is selected, but I don't see how to make that the trigger event.

if its an ir driver it would be best to edit and change the macros for everything. Dealer access only.

if not or dont have a dealer you want for it.

i would program based on video selection for the room

when wii

mute over head

volume up start

delay x 

volume up stop

power off will be more difficult and require some tinkering.

21 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

if its an ir driver it would be best to edit and change the macros for everything. Dealer access only.

if not or dont have a dealer you want for it.

i would program based on video selection for the room

when wii

mute over head

volume up start

delay x 

volume up stop

power off will be more difficult and require some tinkering.

Do I have to start with only one of these events?  If not, how would I start with something like "When Wii is source for Basement Family Room"?

image.png.3c3658e8ba9378f118e0137fe2d4e06b.png

Archived