C4 Forums | Control4

What is meant by when a kwikset door lock says Control 4 capable mode?

NkySpike65

^You're not kidding. Dan, what do you think is going on with that? I just saw this and it seems a little gray.

I have no idea. It will be interesting to see what actually shows up at peoples homes. Maybe this guy bought a distributor/dealer inventory after they went out of business for 20 cents on the dollar...I don't know.

It wouldn't surprise me at all for these to not have the zigbee card...I guess we'll see soon enough.

I just received the 2 that I ordered in the mail. I opened it and it DOES have the zigbee daughter card. I put in a fresh set of batteries and was able to add it to my project. So everything seems legit.

Let us know how it works when the humidity level starts changing. I read somewhere that door/jamb alignment is still kinda critical.

Mine work fine through the extreme changes in temperature we experience in Utah.

They have a "tapered" bolt, so it allows the to slide in with ease.

EDIT: Typo.

I just received the 2 that I ordered in the mail. I opened it and it DOES have the zigbee daughter card. I put in a fresh set of batteries and was able to add it to my project. So everything seems legit.

That's for the update... :)

That sticker means that yes, it does have the Zigbee board installed and it is all ready to go.

I second Alans questions, where did you find this?

Of course, the sticker could have been put there by mistake. The Zigbee card is easy to see if you open the box. It is on the interior side of the lock, under the cover, right in front of where the batteries go. There will either be a blank insert there, or a zigbee board.

Hi again Dan. Ryan. Cody. Anyone. Are you able to help me out here? My Lock has finally been physically installed. What do I do next? For C4 integration? It had a sticker on the box just like this. There is no gap in front of the battery compartment, just what looks like a black piece of solid plastic, I can't seem to remove it..what does the card actually look like? I bought the lock off a US dealer direct 6 months ago now..

Anyway are these now the "steps"

Local Dealer get's driver

Lock becomes recognised, and appears on navigator

I download the Kwickset "app"..it says it is for free, but, I can't download it. What the...? Who actually downloads this? Is there a "secret" process or something here? :rolleyes:

Next to programming.

The functions I want are

1/setting up individual pin no's for the family

2/ Automatic locking at 2300 at night

3/ Automatic locking when the house is armed (I know this should be doable somehow, because I am already triggering an email within C4 when I "arm")

4/ The reverse to 3 on disarm

Is this programming done within Composer (therefor needing my dealer), or is it done in the Kwickset app?

I'm sorry for all the questions, but C4 need to understand there are parts of the world where nobody has ever seen one of these locks...(not even dealers) :cool:

And when I imported the lock, not even the distributor in Australia where handling them, and they had their "distribution" licence taken off them.. (but we won't go into that again! :) )

The zigbee card is right next to the batteries. To pull it out, you have to remove the battery compartment, and reach inside where the battery compartment was and slide that entire black plastic piece up. If you look inside, the black plastic piece is actually attached to a red circuit board the size of a nintendo gameboy cartridge. Pull up and the "cartridge" should slide out.

As far as 1-4, they can all be done through the dealer's composer pro. Make sure he downloads the "Black & Decker" driver.

Ok Thanks. I don't want to mess with this (and break the darn thing pulling it all out...) it's only taken 6 months to actually get in onto the door :lol: I'll get the dealer in first :)

This is what it looks like:

....Heck can the moderators chuck us a bone here and increase the allowable image size/pixels to make it compatible with iphone4.. we're not all graphics artist you know :lol:

Archived