rf5000

Hello all,

I'm building my control4 system that consists of the following:

(3) infinity touch screens

(2) ip cameras

(7) wireless switches

(1) hc300c

(1) 8 zone amplifier

(1) 4 zone amplifier- (12 zones of audio total)

(4) keypads for audio control

(1) sonos zp90

(1) kwikset deadbolt

(1) cd changer

(1) nas hard drive for stored music

(1) net gear data switch

I figure compared to most this is a fairly small system. Will (1) hc300c run this system fast with no or minimal time delays? Or would adding an additional hc300c really speed things up? I was thinking of an hc 1000 but don't want to spend the money if another hc300c would do it. Maybe I don't need anything at all. Please help. Thanks

By osd, do you mean on screen display? That would be the same as navigator, right? Would this system be fast with running director on one hc300c and navigator and zigbee on the other hc300c? Is an hc1000 really needed or by using two would it be just as fast?

Yes the OSD is navigator on your TV screen.

The new flash version of navigator requires more resources to run. Navigator and Director are resource intensive services. Adding a second controller to offload Director will give Navigator more resources.

People do run system on single controllers that work well.

You might consider an HC-200 for the OSD and an HC-300 for Director. A lot also depends on your future expansion needs.

Yes the OSD is navigator on your TV screen.

The new flash version of navigator requires more resources to run. Navigator and Director are resource intensive services. Adding a second controller to offload Director will give Navigator more resources.

People do run system on single controllers that work well.

You might consider an HC-200 for the OSD and an HC-300 for Director. A lot also depends on your future expansion needs.

+1. Don't just use one controller.

I am new to C4 and have two 300C, 200B and 200. I also bought the 1000 and my system runs great. Just do it... :lol:

No lighting yet... 11 zones of music... four tv's, three cable boxes, two BD players, two receivers, two garage door openers and Kwikset deadbolt.

I was running my system with a HC-500 and two HC-200's on each tv. The system worked fine but ran a bit on the slow side. I added the the HC-1000 and now my system runs extremely fast. The cost is a bit on the steep side but I would defiantly say its worth every penny.

Archived