C4 Forums | Control4

Frigidaire 16 seer integration - non IQ drive

clifcox

I'm going to have to replace all 6 of my Nordyne/Frigidaire 23 seer IQ drive (variable speed) HVAC units due to repeated problems with them over the last 3 years. They were never integrated into my fairly extensive C4 system. Am considering the Frigidaire 16 seer 2 speed units as part of the settlement. Does anyone know if this unit can be integrated into my C4 system, and if so, what it would take? My dealer in the DFW area has gone out of business and I have yet to sign on with another. Any recommendations on reasonable dealers would be welcome as well.

Thanks in advance.

CC

Yes and no. I'm not a HVAC engineer for that company :) but I do know it is very complex as resi systems go. There is probably more involved than one can imagine to controlling this system with a C4 stat. The companion controls for the IQ are equally up there on the chain.

It might be a safer purchase now than back a few years ago but that really could depend on support not to mention parts infrastructure- kinda like Control4 success is highly dependent in the install and commissioning .

Controlfouruserguy is right. IQDrive has been a nightmare. Multiple hardware and installation issues.

The use their own proprietary (I think) IQ Drive thermostat.

I am trying to determine if the C4 thermostat could be used to control the Frigidaire 2 speed unit. Does the C4 thermostat have the capability to do 2 speeds and effectively control units such as these?

Thanks for the input, guys.

CC

I am trying to determine if the C4 thermostat could be used to control the Frigidaire 2 speed unit. Does the C4 thermostat have the capability to do 2 speeds and effectively control units such as these?

Any thoughts on this? Thanks for any help.

CC

Archived