C4 Forums | Control4

Speakercraft or Niles in ceiling speakers

forwardslash

Hi. i am looking for either speakercraft aim 8 fours or comparable Niles directional speakers. Any advice on which ones are better? need about 6-10 pairs based on price. Also need some recommendations for home theater speakers (5 with sub).

if there are any dealers you can point me to as well. much appreciated.

Thanks.

I am planning on getting Speakercraft speakers for my house but I'm not planning on them being anything more than background noise. I am not getting them for critical listening or deciated home theater channels. This is not to say that they sound bad, I will probably be getting the AIM 7.2s and I thought for the money they actually sounded pretty good - especially for background level music for a party or general TV watching in a given zone. The one thing I know about Speakercraft is that they have a lifetime warranty. I'm not sure others do. In fact, my dealer will take back any Speakercraft speaker at any time and give me full credit towards an upgrade. I'm assuming this is because they can reuse them and charge full price since if they blow up in the next installation they are still covered.

Archived