C4 Forums | Control4

The Announcement Agent

Does anyone know how the Announcement agent works technically? It uses a .wav file, but where is it played from? What is the c4 workflow? I have my system set up with a HC-300 and music from a C4 4 zone amp. Is the .wav file stored in the HC-300 and played through the audio out or is it stream through the ethernet port to the 4 zone amp? The diagnostic log show the agent initiating the announcement and restoring audio, but nothing else. I'm stumped here.

Yep. It's not working anymore. We (my dealer and I), in order to try to make the system more snappier, took the on-screen navigator off the HC-300, pulled the usb hard drive off the back (replaced with apple TV) and disabled some non used processes. Does the HC-300 send the announcement out the composite ports or stream it over ethernet to the c4 amp? Maybe he disabled the audio out from the 300.

hi mate, you can store the wave file in any network share with in the network.or you can add a USB key to hc300 .The announcement is played through the audio out of the HC300

Does anyone know how the Announcement agent works technically? It uses a .wav file, but where is it played from? What is the c4 workflow? I have my system set up with a HC-300 and music from a C4 4 zone amp. Is the .wav file stored in the HC-300 and played through the audio out or is it stream through the ethernet port to the 4 zone amp? The diagnostic log show the agent initiating the announcement and restoring audio, but nothing else. I'm stumped here.

Can any one answer my questions related to the hiding of devices and rooms in a project?

i have a project with 4 rooms

living room- SR250&My home PC application

master bedroom-IPAD, SR250,My home PC application

kids bedroom-I touch

guest room-SR250

each remotes ,my home PC, I pads and I Touch are added to respective rooms in the composer

suppose if I hide the mastered room.

1)will it be hidden in IPAD,SR250&my home PC in the master bedroom(in my experience i can see the master bedroom in the my home PC but not in IPAD or Sr250)

2)will the master bedroom be hidden from other room controllers( i cannot see the master bedroom showing in any of the controllers attached to other rooms

My goal is to hide the master bedroom from other rooms but able to see it from the controllers with in the master bedroom . How can I achieve this?

Shouldn't this be in its own thread?

It looks like each controler hosts an 'announcement' folder where .wav files are copied to. The usb key can be used to copie mp3 files to for media files that c4 can scan. I think I have it narrowed down to the analog outs on the HC-300 or an audo endpoint issue.

I may not be helping here, but trying...

I recently had my dealer upgrade to 2.0.6. Plugged in a USB thumb drive with music to my 200. I use it for music 24 hours in my baby's room using Digital Music. When it's playing, none of my announcements play. When it's not playing, my announcement .wav's play just fine.

Just a thought if that helps.

John

I may not be helping here, but trying...

I recently had my dealer upgrade to 2.0.6. Plugged in a USB thumb drive with music to my 200. I use it for music 24 hours in my baby's room using Digital Music. When it's playing, none of my announcements play. When it's not playing, my announcement .wav's play just fine.

Just a thought if that helps.

John

That's because from the 200, there are only one set of audio outputs, so it's either music or announcements.

We solved the mystery. The Audio Client and Audio Server were disabled on the HC-300. Once enabled the Announcements play just fine. As far as using the 200 for Announcements, I'm sure you can write something in Composer HE that would stop the music > play the announcement > restore the music. However, I can foresee the current song playing to have to start over again.

I'm thinking of recording an announcement for each smoke detector zone and announce where the fire is using all my audio zones. How do I play it over and over for a set period of time?

Archived