C4 Forums | Control4

Kwickset Black and Decker app

Hi Guy's

Finally got to installing the lock and have limited control so far. :)

Given it may well be one of the first in the country, can I ask a couple of questions

1/ Within composer HE, I am opening and closing using the relay command for the lock under motions and sensors. Is this all you can do without the app? Is there no separate button for the status of the relay? ie separate button for "open" and "close"

2/ Within navigator on the TV, can this relay control be moved to somewhere more logical like under "security"? I've done this on the ipad, but the "button" still doesn't reflect the status (ie open or closed) of the relay. This is obviously essential...

3/ Regarding the B&D Kwickset app, from the 4Store. Does this only show up on touchcreens? I don't have any. How do you get it to show up in Navigator, on the ipad, or on the TV using the "big red4" button?

Thanks again

Wap

Yes, the app only shows up on touchscreens. I'm not 100% sure about your other questions, as with mine it shows locked and unlocked state. The B&D zigbee lock driver and a lock relay are typically tied together.

Yes, the app only shows up on touchscreens.

Your kidding me, right?

I'm following this user guide

http://www.control4.com/documentation/System_User_Guide/Door_Locks.htm

Where does it say the app only shows up on a touchscreen?

It specifically says "The application to use this device in the Navigators must be purchased from the Control4 4store..."

It says Navigators. Not Touchscreens!

Sure the app is currently for free, but are you saying you need to actually purchase a Control4 touchscreen to use this app?

Yes' date=' the app only shows up on touchscreens.[/quote']

Your kidding me, right?

It specifically says "The application to use this device in the Navigators must be purchased from the Control4 4store..."

Sure the app is currently for free, but are you saying you need to actually purchase a Control4 touchscreen to use this app?

Any you also have to purchase the lock. Crazy, right... :cool:

Here is the exact text from the page

Black & Decker Kwikset® SmartCode® with Home ConnectTM Locks

Use the Control4® More icon on your Touch Screens or On-Screen Navigator Home page to add, view, or change your automated lock codes and check your status if you've purchased Black & Decker Kwikset® SmartCode® with Home ConnectTM Technology ZigBee Deadbolt locks.

Note: The application to use this device in the Navigator Control4 Navigators are devices that can control lights, music, videos, motors and sensors, etc. The Navigator interface interacts with the user via a Touch Screen, On-Screen Navigator, LCD Keypad, or System Remote Control.s must be purchased from the Control4 4Store.

Yes' date=' the app only shows up on touchscreens.[/quote']

Your kidding me, right?

No, I'm not kidding. It currently only supports the touchscreens.

http://4store.com/?q=node/45&appid=1712534604c2a905e7b4166.69289076

Supports

7" touch screens

Requires dealer installation and can only be purchased on a device.

I have the door locks but dont have the 7" so I dont use the app. From what I understand, the Yale locks app works differently.

Oh................. :|

Thanks for the information guys.

Can I just say I'm a bit disappointed on this one..

It's been bought in good faith.

I certainly have had to jump through several hoops on this one so far. That is for sure...

It has taken a lot of research and time to track down a supplier, and make sure I get the correct lock and everything...

Then it had to pass the "aesthetics committee"

I mean the locks gone half way around the world. It's taken me months to find someone to instal it. Then $300 to pay my dealer to add the driver...

I finally get it up and working on the door..

I've never been unhappy to pay money for good home automation. But gee wizz !

I've been looking forward to getting the most out of the lock and to finally find a useful 4store app...

And......... :(

Cody. Henniae, and PharmDS (have read his post on another thread about programming codes using HE)....thanks for your "clues" about this

I've got things basically 2way talking. I am getting status feedback and have the codes all programmed. Hey guys this lock is cool ! :cool:

Ok. But I'm really confused. This is a quote direct from the app description from the 4store

'View status and history for any Black and Decker locks from Control4 touch screen and on screen interfaces throughout the house'

So my basic questions are

1/ If I get a 7 inch touchscreen, does this mean Ill see the locks status "on all other screen interfaces throughout the house" ...as quoted above, or are they meaning "all other 7inch touchscreen interfaces throughout the house?

2/Can the Locks" status" be programmed to duplicate somewhere else? Say on a switch, with ideally a colour change, or something like that. Even some easy indicator on an SR250 perhaps..(I can barely read the "relay" status on the SR250)

3/ Do ALL 7inch touchscreens show up the app? Including the handheld wirless one?

4/ What do you guys find as the ideal setting for the lock sleep timer? battery life vs functionality delay...

5/ In general how long do you all get out of battery life?(i have one lock talking direct to an HC1000 no more than 10ft away)

But seriously folks just what is the story with this app? Henniae and I have both pointed out some serious apparent discrepancies with the descripition of the apps functioning here....

Anyway, thanks for all your help :)

Cheers

Wap

But seriously folks just what is the story with this app? Henniae and I have both pointed out some serious apparent discrepancies with the descripition of the apps functioning here....

Wap

I think there is some incorrect info in one of the web pages. If I were to guess I would say that the statement about it running on the 7" panel is correct and the other statement is incorrect.

1/ If I get a 7 inch touchscreen, does this mean Ill see the locks status "on all other screen interfaces throughout the house" ...as quoted above, or are they meaning "all other 7inch touchscreen interfaces throughout the house?

I can't say for certain, as I dont have a 7" at home.

2/Can the Locks" status" be programmed to duplicate somewhere else? Say on a switch, with ideally a colour change, or something like that. Even some easy indicator on an SR250 perhaps..(I can barely read the "relay" status on the SR250)

They sure can, but I wouldnt program it on a remote. Changing the color of an LED based on the status of something is pretty easy and is probably covered on one of the blog sites.

3/ Do ALL 7inch touchscreens show up the app? Including the handheld wirless one?

I would venture to say yes, there shouldnt be a difference.

4/ What do you guys find as the ideal setting for the lock sleep timer? battery life vs functionality delay...

I'm using the stock settings.

5/ In general how long do you all get out of battery life?(i have one lock talking direct to an HC1000 no more than 10ft away)

So far so good. BTW it wont talk to the HC1000, it will talk to a dimmer or thermostat or something before talking to a controller with a zigbee radio in it. (the HC1000 has no radio, which is why it cant be the only controller in a project).

BTW it wont talk to the HC1000, it will talk to a dimmer or thermostat or something before talking to a controller with a zigbee radio in it. (the HC1000 has no radio, which is why it cant be the only controller in a project).

Got it. Thanks for all the answers.

Must be talking to my HC300 or 200's. I don't have any switches, or tstats. Just controllers and SR250's...

BTW it wont talk to the HC1000' date=' it will talk to a dimmer or thermostat or something before talking to a controller with a zigbee radio in it. (the HC1000 has no radio, which is why it cant be the only controller in a project).[/quote']

Got it. Thanks for all the answers.

Must be talking to my HC300 or 200's. I don't have any switches, or tstats. Just controllers and SR250's...

Wow...not active zigbee devices other than controllers. Do you have zigbee coverage issues? Do you mind me asking how my HC200's/300's, and how big your house is?

If you don't feel comfortable answering that's fine.

Thanks,

DH

• 1 month later...
Hey Wap,

With 2.1 you can have 4store apps running in Control4 MyHome navigator for pc/mac. It won't help you get it on the TV but beats buying a touchscreen if you already have a license for MyHome PC.

Great! Thanks for the tip. I didn't know that. :)

I still think this lock is about the best homeautomation product I have owned. It's really going well...

Archived