C4 Forums | Control4

Quick Control app from BlackWire Designs

Here's an easier way to manage the infamous issue of multiple TVs in one room. This isn't the same as the video wall (which is cool by itself). No need to change rooms - thanks BlackWire!

http://www.4store.com/?q=node%2F45&appid=18182757214db220fdaa7016.03680574

Description

QuickControl is a great way to consolidate your 7in Touch Screen controls into single page operation. This app will allow you to control all of the tvs in your project by touching the device name on the left side of the window and on the right it will populate the available video devices. AV controls are built into the app. This is the full version of the app. It will also put all of your lights, light scenes, shades, blinds and thermostats into an easy to use interface as well. This app is great for a restaurant, bar, conference room or a even for a power user in large home. This app requires a driver and programming from your dealer which in most cases can be done remotely. Please contact your dealer for pricing.

Supports

7" touch screens

image-cached.php?image=screen&appid=18182757214db220fdaa7016.03680574

Looks interesting. How much does this cost? It says on 4store the app is free.

The app is free, but the driver has a cost depending on which version of functionality you need.

"Please contact your dealer for pricing."

You're a dealer. How much for the full version? lite version? Is the price a secret?

I know how much the price is - I charge a different price based on how complex the setup needs to be. My price may be different than someone else's price and that's their prerogative. You can contact me by the email link and we can discuss your project.

You're a dealer. How much for the full version? lite version? Is the price a secret?

I know how much the price is - I charge a different price based on how complex the setup needs to be. My price may be different than someone else's price and that's their prerogative. You can contact me by the email link and we can discuss your project.

Contact your installing dealer- he knows your project and your lifestyle the best.

Contact your installing dealer- he knows your project and your lifestyle the best.

+1

What type of dealer intervention does this app install require. Does the driver auto install or does it take extensive dealer intervention? I dont care for all this secret pricing business. How about an example like the driver is $30 but requires 20 minutes install for 5 sources or something along those lines.

Kudos to Blackwire designs.......Why sell it on 4store and split the money?. They took a page directly out of c4's own play book (-;

Exactly. No need to give C4 40%. Give the app away free and charge for the activation.

so everyone is clear

The QuickControl and QuickControl Lite Apps are well apps.. They are required to be sold on the 4store so that you can download them. The prices is 0 Dollars to download but the driver which is required to work is what your dealer purchases then adds their time to reconfigure your project and thats how they come up with the selling price.

There is nothing wrong with us giving it away for free and charging for the driver. Control4s current app store pricing scheme for developers would of required us to price the unit at an extremely high price. Since we didnt go that route it will result in money savings for the consumers.

It doesn't circumvent the platform, it is built on the platform.

The fact is that Control4 does allow apps to be on the app store for 0 dollars, and does allow for dealers to charge for drivers, although Control4 doesn't currently have a method in place to host those drivers for a fee.

It's more difficult for the dealer who is selling the package, but it's certainly not *shady*. Control4 does have a mechanism for pricing apps on the 4Store, and it's available to anyone who wants a much simpler way to sell / install their apps.

RyanE

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived