C4 Forums | Control4

10.5 browser

dburton

I have a contractor that I showed the 10.5" to and he said he would never buy it because there is no browser ability. I think all he was looking for was weather updates or news, but that would be nice. Another thing that might be nice is streaming video. I have a home theater setup that the owner wanted to be able to keep the movie playing when he ran to the wet bar or what have you and be able to take the 10.5" with him so he doesn't have to interrupt his family while they are watching the movie. That's probably not the most important option, but I have had a couple people ask.

Blake

Home A/V Systems, LLC

Another thing that might be nice is streaming video. I have a home theater setup that the owner wanted to be able to keep the movie playing when he ran to the wet bar or what have you and be able to take the 10.5" with him so he doesn't have to interrupt his family while they are watching the movie. That's probably not the most important option, but I have had a couple people ask.

This is a great idea. Frankly, after thinking about it, it would require alot more "under the hood" than what is currently in the unit. 1- the wifi card would have to offer more power output to maintain the video stream. 2- the other is more cpu power and RAM in the device to process the video stream...

Wacked out crazy freaky solution:

Ceiling motion and TV in wetbar. Modulate video from theater to wetbar TV. When motion detected check for video signal and if so turn on wetbar TV for x minutes.

I'm sure that's obvious and the retro for the wires might be the deal killer on it, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Wacked out crazy freaky solution:

Ceiling motion and TV in wetbar. Modulate video from theater to wetbar TV. When motion detected check for video signal and if so turn on wetbar TV for x minutes.

I'm sure that's obvious and the retro for the wires might be the deal killer on it, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

sounds brilliant to me! haha - if you get a customer to pay for that, then, man, you're in good shape! *grin*

Agree!! Is anyone from Control4 on these sites so they can guage user demand? I was originally told that Will West is not a fan of these touch screens so they were included just to keep up with the Joneses. I think that the AMX touch screens set a standard that C4 should seek to emulate.

Furthering this, don't you think it would be a good idea for C4 to offer a series of upscale hardware? Black and silver that costs more for those that can afford it????

• 2 weeks later...

I think a decision has been made to pass on this option for now. Look at the user problems as a control, what will happen when these users try to browse too ?

I think it will come but not for a while yet.

Archived