C4 Forums | Control4

Programming with Composer HE

Hello,

I recently had a C4 system installed into my home with (2) HC300 Controllers, Stats, Switches, AMPs, DVD Players etc. At the present moment my original C4 installer has installed Composer Pro onto my computer within my home to do programming. For some strange reason my installer is not able to log in to the Controller to complete programming.

Now my C4 installer is not responding to emails, phone calls in a timely manner and i would like to know my options as to taking on the programming myself. I just dont feel comfortable and i dont want to lose all my features - programming that has been completed should my original C4 installer log in a delete everything when they see i am hiring someone else and or finishing this myself.

1) May i contact C4 to purchase Composer Pro to complete my programming?

2) Should i save a backup copy of my project and store it away?

You cannot get Composer Pro as an end user unfortunately.

Login to my.control4.com and change your password, and change your dealer of record. Backup your project, and hire someone more responsive.

No. If you change your password (just a precaution in case he knows it) and you change your dealer of record to someone else he's locked out (unless he setup a VPN into your home or something).

You cannot get Composer Pro as an end user unfortunately.

Not sure this is strictly correct, but we know what you mean Dan. But in any case what you mean, is unfortunate.

However you can get the home edition legally if you just want to do basic programming and media mgt.

When you connect to your controller with composer you will see existing project and be able to save as a backup before you change anything.

As stated elsewhere in the forums, you will not be able to add new devices with the home edition of composer, you will need access to pro or a dealer to do this.

The OP already has a copy of the Pro. What version is your system?

At the present moment my original C4 installer has installed Composer Pro onto my computer within my home to do programming.

1) yes, save a backup

2) hire someone else to upgrade you from 2.0.1 to 2.0.6 at least, or 2.1 when it's out. Of course, your version of composer pro wont work anymore (0 it will expire soon anyway without the proper key) but at least you will have a better firmware version on your system.

Archived