C4 Forums | Control4

Girder for Windows

andy.cytexone

I found a beautiful piece of software that you allows you to integrate client's computers into Control4. It let's you control software located on machine's via any control method. The programming is fairly simple as well. It's also reasonably priced. Give it a check over.

Also, if you need any help programming, first check out the help manual, and if you need any further assistance, I'll try and lend a hand.

http://www.promixis.com/products.php?section=girder

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't this a bit redundent with C4? Another controller! I visited the site and the forums and it appears to have a significant following I assume for media center PC users. How do you see this playing into the C4. I couldn't quite see the synergy.

You do use the C4 controller, what Girder does is allow for Windows to map Infared Codes to just about any function you can think of.

For example, press button 1 on C4 remote and it loads Itunes on the computer. Skip Song, Fast Forward, Next Playlist. You can have all that functionality on the C4 remote by it sending an IR signal to the Computer IR Receiver and Girder directing the appropriate command to the computer.

Our system if you press 0 on the C4 remote it starts the screen saver on the Machine (Fish Swiming around)

IR Emitter from C4 attached to an IR Receiver on PC (Internal or External) Preferably the Microsoft MCE Remote Receiver. They work Great. The Generic IR Receivers kinda stink because you can't use the Embedded Windows IR Control.

keeping in mind that there is girder support for Cinemar Mainlobby you can now select ANY touchscreen you want and use your own custom Mainlobby screens to control everything.

i currently have a couple Progear touchscreens (http://www.linuxdevices.com/articles/AT5771747599.html) that i bought on eBay for $300 and installed XP on them. they work great (a tad slow) and are used to control Mainlobby. there is also an incredible Mainlobby plugin for Homeseer control.

i can't wait to see the MCE driver for C4 that was mentioned on the board here. i most likely will ditch the C4 onscreen (TV) interface all together and use mainlobby.

i just need a way now for Mainlobby to control the C4 Zigbee lighting.

• 8 months later...

Archived