C4 Forums | Control4

Push Notifications from C4 to Android and iOS

seth_j

Sorry guys... not paying attention. You can ask your dealer to contact me directly (email or PM works on this forum) or they can go into the dealer forums and find my signature.

I wish there was a better way -- well there is but this will have to do for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Seth,

Can a single system have 2 copies of the driver? (I realize I'd be making 2 payments, but 1 mac address)

One for the clients with their API key

And then a separate one that I use to myself on multiple clients to monitor system health etc. with my common API key?

Thanks, this looks awesome!

The only one I could think of would be system restart -- that's native to Control4 programming.

I've been thinking about some type of simple monitoring driver that just pings IP addresses or something. I'm working on something bigger right now so that's going to be a while before I get to it but I think it would make a nice complement for this driver.

• 4 months later...

Hey Seth,

Push notify is awesome, and simply a must have for all users who have to move to icloud from mobileme. Icloud email sync sucks right now and is soooo slow..

Anyway, congrats on the app.

Just a couple of questions

1/ Is there a programming "manual"..so we can get the most out of tweeking this app within Composer HE?

At the moment I have it replacing all my email notifications (like APC power, and Kwickset lock events)...but I want to make the most of the app. What else can be done? I thought I read somewhere you could push a notification when a project was loaded (say after a controller reboot)..but I can't find this as a specific "notification, or "event" within ComposerHE.

2/ Do you plan to upgrade the driver with more built in "events" and notifications, and if so, would you mind posting on the forum when a driver upgrade is available from EV.

Cheers

Wap

Hey Seth,

Push notify is awesome, and simply a must have for all users who have to move to icloud from mobileme. Icloud email sync sucks right now and is soooo slow..

Anyway, congrats on the app.

Just a couple of questions

1/ Is there a programming "manual"..so we can get the most out of tweeking this app within Composer HE?

At the moment I have it replacing all my email notifications (like APC power, and Kwickset lock events)...but I want to make the most of the app. What else can be done? I thought I read somewhere you could push a notification when a project was loaded (say after a controller reboot)..but I can't find this as a specific "notification, or "event" within ComposerHE.

2/ Do you plan to upgrade the driver with more built in "events" and notifications, and if so, would you mind posting on the forum when a driver upgrade is available from EV.

Cheers

Wap

under programming, the default option should be "when project loads" The only time the project should load is when a controller reboots. So send your push notification then.

I'd throw a delay in before you send a notification off the project loads event just to make sure everything has initialized. Maybe 60-90 seconds.

For what its worth I didn't write the app -- just the driver. I'm going to be looking for mor ways to do this in the future.

Thanks Seth.

Seth, I can't seem to get this logic working. When I reboot my HC1000, there is no Prowl message.

I know I have everything setup fine with the driver/prowl and iphone because I get other notifications. But not this one. Must be a programming logic problem I've done :rolleyes:.

This is my logic:

When the project "x" is loaded

->delay 90 seconds

->Send-with priority Normal via the Setup->PushNotify Driver

As I said, I didn't set any "notifications" or "events". I left them blank because there doesn't seem anything appropriate in the list when you open these up within the driver programming..

I hope this makes sense

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Cheers

Depending on your controller running director it may take longer to get things sent out. Try a long delay like 4 mins to see if it comes through. Also you can wipe out the notification field and put whatever you like. Something like Wappinghigh's controller has rebooted.

Archived