C4 Forums | Control4

Speaker Discussion

andy.cytexone

In our shop, we prefer Boston Acoustics speakers for qualtiy and price point. They really do offer an incredible bang for the buck plus they're a really easy sell due to the name. The other brand we offer our customers are Polk Audio for similar characteristics.

What are you guys out there using that you would recommend for your Control4 installations?

Triad, triadspeakers.com. A wide range of speakers, both cabinet, onwall, and inwall. You can mix & match cabinet, onwall & inwall for surround sound.

I'm using Silver Monitors InCeilings for home theater. (These are not cheapy inceiling speakers, they are monitor quality.) InWall Surround for surrounds and surround rear.

For distributed audio I'm using a mix of Silver or Gold InWall Omni, depending on room.

Max

anyone know of some half-decent, self amplified in-wall speakers ?

and at a reasonable price (say, under $400/pr)

the Polks are a little out of the budget for a current project i'm working on.

typically i use RBH or the contractor grade ceiling/in-wall speakers from Worthington (apparently they are the identical speakers to some other "big name" manufacturer that can't be mentioned ... but they do sound decent. not as good as some Klipsch inwalls which are 4X - 5X the price ... but pretty decent)

I don't have too many audiophile customers so most of them get TruAudio speakers from me. They are a dealer only company (out of SLC ironically), with the most incredible customer service; great prices and margins on some really good speakers, and with a lifetime warranty.

We've used most of their line (except the new cinema series) all with great success!!!

If you get on with them tell them Corbin at Home Synthesis, Inc. sent ya!

• 2 weeks later...

What model of the Polk's are you using for ceiling. We have a client that wants 8 rooms with the multi channel amp and want to make sure we deliver on this one. It will be 16 speakers all together and looks like the Polks will handle the power just haven't tried them. We also kinda have to go with who we have established relationships with so far as well.

Thanks,

Kevin

We use Polk and Triad. As for the in-ceiling question, we use RC and TC series. I like to use the bigger ones in bigger rooms is all (RC80i, TC80i).

We use the LCi series in home theaters, if you can use the performance enclosures these things sound awesome!

We just became a Triad dealer so don't have a lot of real-life data for them yet.

Curt

We use Polk and are now moving more and more to Conextion Systems (found them at CEDIA) - retail at about the same price as Niles (which we love too) and perform just as well (if not better!!!), but the cost - is about 40% less then Niles! With the exception of the low end Polk line - they're competitive in price all around.

What model of the Polk's are you using for ceiling. We have a client that wants 8 rooms with the multi channel amp and want to make sure we deliver on this one. It will be 16 speakers all together and looks like the Polks will handle the power just haven't tried them. We also kinda have to go with who we have established relationships with so far as well.

Thanks,

Kevin

TC60i is a solid speaker for the price. We love these for the value/quality.

Thanks' date='

Kevin[/quote']

TC60i is a solid speaker for the price. We love these for the value/quality.

So you would definately go with those over the TC610i. Are they worth the extra $$

We use Polk, Definitive Technology, and Sonance. Sonance is our go to line for the majority of our "house music" systems. They have great margins, good price protection, LIFETIME WARRANTY (HUGE SELLING POINT) and they are very easy to deal with.

Their DAB1 audio system, and Iport are great added bonuses! Great products!:)

At the last CEDEA show, Polk brought out a powered IP speaker. Do any of you have an interest in seeing C4 develop a compatible interface card for them? Essentially, Polk builds the power speaker and provides a "housing" for a D/A decoder board that seats on the Polk motherboard. I think Netstream has their decoder card for the Polk.

At the last CEDEA show, Polk brought out a powered IP speaker. Do any of you have an interest in seeing C4 develop a compatible interface card for them? Essentially, Polk builds the power speaker and provides a "housing" for a D/A decoder board that seats on the Polk motherboard. I think Netstream has their decoder card for the Polk.

I'm trying to understand what these do. In control4 terms do these speakers essentially function as a Speaker with a Built in Speaker Point? So you only have to run Cat 5 or Wifi to it and music is digitall encoded, transmitted over the network and the speaker decodes it?

Thanks

Archived