C4 Forums | Control4

Shinybow 5548 as Component Video Switch

rdmzmorgan

I will add, Key Digital is out of the question... my Key Digital KD-MSW4X2PRO lasted less than 2 years.

I initially felt pretty good about that decision, but 22 months of use after paying that much for it was a little upsetting.

KD carries a two year warranty, it wasn't able to be replaced?

They were not willing to replace they sent me the RMA process and asked for money which I wasn't willing to spend given that it was still under warranty.... Just don't want to go that route again... Plus spending 1700 on an 8x8 Component Switch is out of my price range...

http://www.ramelectronics.net/audio-video/a-v-switchers/matrix-switcher/8x8-matrix-component-video-switcher-key-digital-kd-msv8x8/prodKDMSV8X8.html

• 4 weeks later...

I currently use a Shinybow 8x8 (5588) and have no problems. It works great and integrates perfectly with my C4 system. I used to have a KeyDigital 3x8 but when I finished my basement, I needed more outputs and to daisy-chain more KeyDigital units would have cost me thousands and thousands of dollars, not to mention take up a lot of space in my rack. My dealer suggested the Shinybow. At first I was a little skeptical, but I've been pleased since it was put in over 3 years ago.

Archived