C4 Forums | Control4

Ems 100

mensub

Hi ,

Would like to know how EMS 100 works? Does it require driver? I know it has a thermostat and a display which communicates through Zigbee.I want to know about the smart meter.What is it exactly? And how to install it?

The EC100 does not communicate natively with appliances. It is designed to monitor power on a whole-home level. It can, with profiling, determine loads like the Fridge, which have cyclic power requirements that profile similarly (i.e. the compressor on the fridge always has a certain power profile and amount).

RyanE

As far as *monitoring* them, the usage of the fridge, etc. can be used to determine when the fridge is not working properly, and the usage amount can be used to determine the savings you could affect if you were to swap out an older fridge.

As far as *advanced monitoring / control*, it's all about convenience and lifestyle. Some of the features the SubZero / Wolf appliance devices mentioned were things like full notification of when something is done, or when the preheat is ready, or verifying the current settings / temperature, etc. On the fridge, you can not only monitor the temperatures (and ensure you don't leave a door open and spoil), but you can remotely set the fridge for 'party mode', where it would produce additional ice, etc.

RyanE

• 4 months later...

My power company is going to install one of these systems in my house. After a year, if I dont save any money they give me a credit for the overage. Also I get to keep the equipment.

Question:

Does this t-stat integrate with existing C4 residential products?

Thanks

No, it does not integrate into residential products.

According to the Control4 website. The WT-100 wireless tstat communicates to the EC-100 via zig bee pro. And the EC-100 uses zig bee pro to communicate with home automation systems

No' date=' it does not integrate into residential products.[/quote']

According to the Control4 website. The WT-100 wireless tstat communicates to the EC-100 via zig bee pro. And the EC-100 uses zig bee pro to communicate with home automation systems

It may but my understanding from reading other posts here that it will not, aren't these the same ones that pop up from time to time? If not, we haven't had any utilities here installing it so I don't know anyone with first hand experience either. Would be interesting to see how it compares to the standard tstat, I wouldn't be surprised if it had less functionality to meet a price point.

Archived