C4 Forums | Control4

Arris gateway

gadamson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i've emailed a couple of you with the driver as well as i have posted it on the control4 dealer forums. So if anyone else stumbles across this thread they can get their dealer to grab the driver from the dealer forums under the IR drivers section.

David

So will this gateway work just fine with the C4 system. The problem my dealer us telling me us the issue with the built in router. The gateway can NOT be put into bridge mode. I have had this system for about 18 months now and only able to get a 192.168.1.xxx ip from it, will this affect anything. U am in MI and the whole system works great except for the ip issue.

Someone is being misinformed. The arris gateway system is only for tv doens't do netoworking. At least in Calgary anyways. There is a docsis 3 modem/router that should be for your internet. which can be set to bridge mode if need be. Just need to call the service provider. This is all based on our local equipment. I would check back with your dealer as what you are saying doesn't sound correct to me.

Ryan

Here in MI with WOW cable, the gateway does everything, Phone, TV, doc3 modem. I work for them so I know we can't put the gateway in bridge mode. Having all 3 in one save on having multiple pieces of equipment in the house but does have limitations too.

Someone is being misinformed. The arris gateway system is only for tv doens't do netoworking. At least in Calgary anyways. There is a docsis 3 modem/router that should be for your internet. which can be set to bridge mode if need be. Just need to call the service provider. This is all based on our local equipment. I would check back with your dealer as what you are saying doesn't sound correct to me.

Ryan

The main Gateway box from Arris does have a Docsis 3 modem in it. It is also capable of doing phone as well. Shaw just isn't using that functionality yet. I am not a fan of the Arris GUI. I wish there was a whole home pvr solutions from motorolla with the same UI as the DCX3510 PVR's.

Archived