C4 Forums | Control4

Set variable to True is any light turns on

BrettB0727

Is there a way to set a variable to true if any light turns on, and then possibly false if all lights end up being turned off?

I was hoping there was a conditional for lighting scenes, that way I could just have a variable to True IF NOT Off, but I don't see any way to do this.

Thanks for the help!

Is there a way to set a variable to true if any light turns on, and then possibly false if all lights end up being turned off?

Although you can do this with Control4 programming, it's quite a pain in the butt.

I created a driver a couple of years ago, that one of the things it does is to show the percentage of lights on throughout the house (or by floor) on a 3 or 6-button keypad.

The driver also creates variables, for the percentage of lights on per floor, or per project, which you could use to tell if any lights were on throughout the house.

If you set it up properly (i.e. enter wattage for each light load), it'll give you an estimate of how many watts are currently on.

The driver has a lot of settings and configurability, although I mainly use it for it's first purpose, to show me if any lights are on throughout the house, and to be able to turn them (per floor, usually) off.

I've posted a link to the driver (which expires in 30 days), you'd likely need a dealer to add the driver to your project (many could do this remotely), and you can give it a spin.

Here it is: http://goo.gl/xquJl

RyanE

Is there a way to set a variable to true if any light turns on' date=' and then possibly false if all lights end up being turned off?[/quote']

Although you can do this with Control4 programming, it's quite a pain in the butt.

I created a driver a couple of years ago, that one of the things it does is to show the percentage of lights on throughout the house (or by floor) on a 3 or 6-button keypad.

The driver also creates variables, for the percentage of lights on per floor, or per project, which you could use to tell if any lights were on throughout the house.

If you set it up properly (i.e. enter wattage for each light load), it'll give you an estimate of how many watts are currently on.

The driver has a lot of settings and configurability, although I mainly use it for it's first purpose, to show me if any lights are on throughout the house, and to be able to turn them (per floor, usually) off.

I've posted a link to the driver (which expires in 30 days), you'd likely need a dealer to add the driver to your project (many could do this remotely), and you can give it a spin.

Here it is: http://goo.gl/xquJl

RyanE

Awesome, thanks Ryan! I'll definitely have to give it a whirl.

• 1 month later...

Archived