C4 Forums | Control4

SR250 remote to control GE Concord 4

drmark12pa

I recently had the GE Concord 4 integrated into my growing system. Using the onscreen navigator I can easily arm/disarm the Concord. However, I have not had any of the sensors integrated since at the time I had just had my serial connection through the automation bus hooked up (had Directv installed at the time which is the reason my dealer was here and incidentally had him add the Concord though I wasn't quite finished installing any sensors).

Questions:

1) Can the Ge Concord be controlled from an SR250 remote in anyway or can you only control it from an onscreen navigator menu? I haven't found any SECURITY portion to the remote menus.

2) Once you add sensors, can your dealer add them into your Control4 system so that Control4 recognizes each individual sensor and hence allowing you to control events specific to a particular sensor? (ie I walk into a closet and a sensor triggers a light turning on). As of right now, I do not see any of my sensors in ComposerHE and only see the SECURITY SYSTEM which again allows me to only ARM/DISARM the system.

1) Can the Ge Concord be controlled from an SR250 remote in anyway or can you only control it from an onscreen navigator menu? I haven't found any SECURITY portion to the remote menus.

No, you can't control the security panel directly through the SR250. It was decided early in the development of the security interfaces that Security panels (along with IP cameras, obviously) wouldn't be available on the SR-250.

2) Once you add sensors, can your dealer add them into your Control4 system so that Control4 recognizes each individual sensor and hence allowing you to control events specific to a particular sensor? (ie I walk into a closet and a sensor triggers a light turning on). As of right now, I do not see any of my sensors in ComposerHE and only see the SECURITY SYSTEM which again allows me to only ARM/DISARM the system.

Yes, your dealer can bind any security system sensors into the Control4 system, and they can be used to program events and other programming for when they open / close. A good example of this is to be able to use your motion sensors as inputs for lighting control.

RyanE

Archived