C4 Forums | Control4

can i use a URC or Pronto remote....

iippood

^My tenants use AMX R4 remotes. This is the bare minimum in color display technology and it still is miles ahead of an SR-250.

It's list price is also $995 (in 2009 anyway after a price drop from $1800). I think the C4 SR250 holds it's own at 1/5th the price. Just my .02

I paid nowhere near that price. zaphod mearly asked (sorta) what would be more stylish. it's not always about price and if Control4 had a little more flair, maybe they'd be offering a color screen too. At any rate, I have no (and never will have) Apple display products attached to my Control4 project.

I paid nowhere near that price. zaphod mearly asked (sorta) what would be more stylish. it's not always about price and if Control4 had a little more flair, maybe they'd be offering a color screen too. At any rate, I have no (and never will have) Apple display products attached to my Control4 project.

If c4 added flair and price went up people would complain about that too :) My wish is for a slide out qwerty keyboard. I didn't care for the screen on my Logitech harmony 880 all that much. Personal preference.

Dawn' date='

Are there specific drivers you need, also do you use a MSC 400 with rs232..[/quote']

I would venture to guess they are using an IR remote and the ir eye on the front of the hc300, for example.

Yes, exactly. No drivers necessary.

^The keyboard sounds nice. You see, this is why I wonder why anyone would want PC control (beyond XBMC/Plex) through Control4 gear. Unless you have a keyboard, it's all just point & click- that gets old.

It would be SUPER helpful with searching rhapsody without having to resort to an iPad/touchscreen, for example. Now that I have an iPad, I find myself using the c4 app and Rhapsody far more than I did before with just the SR250.

Archived