C4 Forums | Control4

Is possible to integrate CW3000HD (CaptiveWorks) and Control4 MC?

Segarra

Recently I did buy a FTA satellite PC running on Linux, from Captive Works. This equipment is impresive it's count with 2 satellite cards, 1 AMD 64 3000+ processor, 512 MB Ram, 6 USB ports, Video Component, s-video, and DVI-D; and has 1 dvd-rw burner. Also take out the sound in analog or SPIF (Digital). It comes with a not so easy infrared remote control. I already installed an internal Seagate HD 500GB, to record programs and media.

I want to know if is possible to integrate Control4 with it thru serial, parallel or USB ports; or by infrared as last option.

Segarra

• 3 weeks later...

Hi RyanE;

I already tried to program the CW3000 remote control in C4, and C4 recognized al the commands but I am having some problems with the repeat action for some commands. Sometimes is nescesary to put 2 or 3 repetition for a command to get the expected result. Is this common?

Yes, depending on the device, some require multiple repeat counts to 'get' the signal. I don't know why this is, but remote control (IR) software and devices typically allow you to set the repeat count for just this reason.

I like to set them as low as they can go, but it's usually still 2-3. The lower you set them (so that they still work reliably), the faster your control system will send them out, and responsiveness of that IR device will increase.

RyanE

Archived