C4 Forums | Control4

C4 light switches - how do you change the labels?

C4Newbie

I just received new labels from C4 and don't know how to change them. 6 button and 3 button. If you know, please share...

Happy Thanksgiving...

Its a snap. This might be a little too detailed than what you need but I've just gone through this process 40+ times so its so clear in my head.

1. Take wall plate out

2. Unscrew the black holder plate off

3. There are 2 indented clips on each side, depress each one side at a time. (not too hard, fragile)

4. Replace blanks with labeled buttons. (pay attention to the order and position that they are in)

5. When putting back. line them up starting from the bottom. push up making sure the stems go in to the respective holes.

6. Make sure all 4 clips are snapped in place.

7. Put back covers

Good Luck, btw how much for the labels?

Edit: oh btw I was assuming your gang plates are screwless.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the tutorial Letran! Anyone have good connections for labeled keys?

I've got great customized laser etched labeled buttons. C4 does have standard and 'any word" buttons that you can buy from the dealers but I find them very limiting. I've created a set personalized for my keypads that includes a variety descriptions and little icons above it. Example I got a xbox controller pic above the GAMES description button, Martini pic above the PARTY button.

What are you looking for? If similar to my button descriptions I might be able to point you in the right direction.

Your Control4 dealer.

How much for the "anyword" buttons from C4?

Thanks for the tutorial Letran! Anyone have good connections for labeled keys?

I've got great customized laser etched labeled buttons. C4 does have standard and 'any word" buttons that you can buy from the dealers but I find them very limiting. I've created a set personalized for my keypads that includes a variety descriptions and little icons above it. Example I got a xbox controller pic above the GAMES description button' date=' Martini pic above the PARTY button.

What are you looking for? If similar to my button descriptions I might be able to point you in the right direction.

Your Control4 dealer.

How much for the "anyword" buttons from C4?

Sounds Great! Got any example pics? I have not decided anything in particular but was hoping to get double duty out of a button label using top and bottom for different (yet related) functions.

Sounds Great! Got any example pics? I have not decided anything in particular but was hoping to get double duty out of a button label using top and bottom for different (yet related) functions.

Yes, that exactly. I've got some buttons that have descriptions for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd taps. I took a couple of pics for now but I remember taking a pic of the whole set. I even had the gang plates etched a little remote control icon to show the switch that activates the remote beep finder. and the "OFF" icon to signify the room off for some of the 2-button switches that I cannot laser etch.

If the buttons you need is similar to my set It would be easy to etch a duplicate. You could customize them any which way you want of course. Note the Central Vacuum button ;-) Let me know if I can help.

Letran: Did you have custom etching done on the keypads? Does C4 provide custom engraving or is it pick from a list and only one font?

Thanks for the Picts....anyone have others?

Yes they are custom laser etching. They are not from C4 though.

Here are other examples of what others have done. There is C4 custom there

http://c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?id=1940&p=2

Archived