C4 Forums | Control4

integrating x-10 system

junebug

I have a need to integrate C4 with an exsisting x-10 controlled house. The house currently has numerous lighting loads and outlets controlled by x-10. Also controlled is 3 RCS serial t-stats, 16 sprinkler zones, and soon to be added security cameras on motion sensors. This setup is controlled by a dedicated pc running Homeseer 2.0. There are three main areas of the house that have C4 HTCs and a Media Controller. My question is how do I get C4 to talk x-10. I can bring a serial connection between one of the HTCs and the Homeseer pc (which is what I'm assuming is what needs to be done). If anyone is familliar with Homeseer or might have an idea, any help is greatly appriciated!

Jon

do they have a security panel?

like an Elk M1 ... if so it should be fairly easy i would think. the X10 control is built into the panel and C4 has a 2-way driver for the Elk.

if not, another way may the Powerlinc PW523 serial/X10 adapter that only requires a controller that can send/rec'v standard ASCII commands.

another (similar) solution would be the Lynx-10

but it seems what you really want is to get the C4 equipment talking with Homeseer ... and that will require C4 to open up some form of 2-way ascii through their own serial port. something that is not available yet. i would like to see it myself as i have been ridding my myself of the dependency of Homeseer and using Cinemar Mainlobby diectly.

let us know your thoughts/direction with this.

steve

no secuirty panel yet, was going to integrate cameras, motion and triggers into homeseer.

It would be nice to get them both to talk through serial. i know there is an x-10 driver out there for C4 (had it but it dissapeared before I could play with it). I'm not too familiar on how stuff talks to each other and I don't know if that C4 driver is something that will work serial to serial or if it will work serial to that powerlinc...

I'll try to get my hands on that driver again, or if someone has one let me know

Jon

Archived