C4 Forums | Control4

Roku 2 XS

Mattgator

Our (ExtraVegetables) driver does work perfectly though...

You really need to clean up your web page, my dealer went with a lower wireless ethernet model at another job because of the confusion on model types, you show a Roku 2 in the picture but the text is not clear on Roku / Roku 2 or the flavors.

I had already bought an XS on sale so I was concerned I was going to have to send it back, go wireless when I much prefer wired, etc.

Like I just e-mailed my dealer before I read this thread, I don't know why the XS would be any different because it is an IP driver...so who cares if the XS doesn't have IR in favor of Bluetooth...

I've been thinking about getting a Roku to have all the TV apps in 1 place and wanted to add it to my project. I don't have 1 yet but will only get 1 with ethernet so that leave me with the Roku 2 XS. Does anyone know if it comes with an IR remote? According to their website, this is what it says for the Roku 2 XS:

Remote Control

•Roku Bluetooth game remote (with motion sensing for playing games)

•Streaming player includes IR. Compatible with various universal remotes

I don't know why the XS would be any different because it is an IP driver...so who cares if the XS doesn't have IR in favor of Bluetooth...

I believe the Angry Birds bluetooth motion mouse is much different than the other versions.

It may be, but my point is we have an EV employee saying it is compatible but the web page is not clear at all on this fact, and if my dealer is thinking he has to use a crappy wireless version for compatiblity with EV, I'm sure others are as well.

Archived