C4 Forums | Control4

"Best" receiver

shaneoneill

I'd like to hear some of your thoughts on some of the best receivers in terms of their ease of use with C4. It may boil down to minor differences, but I currently have a pioneer receiver working off IR, and honestly i'm not particularly pleased with it. Can someone tell me what receivers you may use that would work with a serial connection and your experience with it to date? I'm not even totally sure what additional information i would see on a mts for instance with a receiver working off serial that i dont see now. Anyone?

Regards

Shane

Hi Shane,

I had a Arcam being used in the guest house with Control4. You can read my post here, http://www.c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?id=1047 beware it's quite long. A few weeks ago I changed out the Arcam for a Denon AVR-2807. We could not get C4 to properly control the Arcam via Serial, this was a C4 issue and not a Arcam issue, I can go into details if you like. Since I installed the Denon AVR-2807 and controlling it via Serial we have had no problems. C4 controls the 2 zones on the Denon perfectly without any issues.

Hope this helps.

Panag

When you play FM radio, does the MTS show the station being played? My major issue with the IR connection off my receiver is i get NO feedback on whats actually playing. It's a total guessing game. As a result, no one but me can really use the thing

Shane

Panag

When you play FM radio, does the MTS show the station being played? My major issue with the IR connection off my receiver is i get NO feedback on whats actually playing. It's a total guessing game. As a result, no one but me can really use the thing

Shane

I will have to check - sadly, I never play FM. We always play XM Radio. Good question, I have programmed my stations using the Media Controller. I will check tonight and get back to you.

Archived