C4 Forums | Control4

Card Access InHome Wireless Motion Sensor (NEW July 12th, 2007)

jesh

Enjoy!

---

http://www.cardaccess-inc.com/inhomeproducts/index.php?a=iwms

Card Access InHome™ Solutions for Control4

Shipping July 12th!InHome Wireless Motion Sensor

(Internal Antenna)

Price: $149.00

Expand Control4® home automation possibilities with the Card Access InHome Wireless Motion Sensor - without wires!

Combining passive infrared (PIR) and ambient light sensing (LUX) features with an integrated ZigBee™ (802.15.4) radio, the InHome Wireless Motion Sensor is an intelligent, software-controlled wireless motion and light sensor.

The InHome Wireless Motion Sensor adds even more intelligent home automation to trigger and control events throughout the Control4 system based on object motion, occupancy and room ambient lighting levels. Automatically control room lighting, pathway lighting, exterior lighting, HVAC and audio/video applications either inside or outside the home.

The InHome Wireless Motion Sensor also “greens” up the Control4-automated home by enabling occupancy-based automation controls. Used in concert with additional Control4 certified products such as wireless switches, relays, dimmers and motorized window coverings), the motion sensor can control heating, cooling, and lighting systems to comply with environmental policies—California Title 24, and Canada’s NBC 2005 for example—while conserving resources and saving money on utilities.

Drivers for the InHome Wireless Motion Sensor will be included with Control4 Composer version 1.3.2 (contact Control4 for the shipping date for Composer 1.3.2).

Card Access also provides drivers to support Composer version 1.3.1 (view installation instructions here).

Each Card Access InHome Wireless Motion Sensor includes the following:

One (1) InHome Wireless Motion Sensor

One (1) 9V alkaline battery

Four (4) wall mounting screws

Four (4) plastic dry wall anchors

Installation Guide / Product Warranty / Product Registration document

Got 3 of them today and installed one already. It works very nice and uses the 'sense motion' and 'stops sensing motion' in a nice way.

The motion sensor itself has some nice features, including light level detection + the driver is nice too: it detects current light levels, battery levels, and allows some nice programming if used correctly.

Are their other products drivers just as nice, anyone know?

~J

jesh,

I have the contact switch and contact relay and they work great. You have full control over setting up how the relay operates and the status information is all there as well, battery level for the contact switch etc. I use the contact switch on a pantry door that turns the light on when the door opens and off when it closes. It never misses a beat and battery consumption is minimal.

can someone give some examples of what an installer can do with these sensors?

thanks,

tum

Tum these are motion sensors with a light level sensor in them. You can do everything from triggering a light to turn on when you walk into the room, to the music turning on when you are the room, to basically any event that can be triggered in control4. There is a sensitivity control on them too, so if you wanted it to be used in a room where a high sensitivity is required you can do that too. It can be programmed not only 'if it's not time or day time', but if the light level the SENSOR is reaching (important here), then turn the lights on to a specified percentage.

It's important to know these are NOT rated to get wet, they are only splash rated.

If you don't need anything to be based off motion then you really don't need these - I suppose you could use them with the light reading, but I'm not sure if that's be necessary, you could always use the time of day in control4.

~J

jesh,

I have the contact switch and contact relay and they work great. You have full control over setting up how the relay operates and the status information is all there as well, battery level for the contact switch etc. I use the contact switch on a pantry door that turns the light on when the door opens and off when it closes. It never misses a beat and battery consumption is minimal.

Thanks for the info LVS, might try one out :)

~J

jesh,

Also, any idea if I Can use them for motorized blinds?

~J

jesh' date='

I have the contact switch and contact relay and they work great. You have full control over setting up how the relay operates and the status information is all there as well, battery level for the contact switch etc. I use the contact switch on a pantry door that turns the light on when the door opens and off when it closes. It never misses a beat and battery consumption is minimal.[/quote']

~J

As long as the blinds (or IR Controller for the blinds etc) can be controlled via a relay then yes. However, there are only 2 relays on the CardAccess Device.

jesh' date='

I have the contact switch and contact relay and they work great. You have full control over setting up how the relay operates and the status information is all there as well, battery level for the contact switch etc. I use the contact switch on a pantry door that turns the light on when the door opens and off when it closes. It never misses a beat and battery consumption is minimal.[/quote']

~J

As long as the blinds (or IR Controller for the blinds etc) can be controlled via a relay then yes. However, there are only 2 relays on the CardAccess Device.

Cool, will check this out... thanks!

Archived