I called about this issue the other day and apparently it's been a common issue with the remotes. The technician advised me to remove the battery cover from the remote, and on the actual cover itself are 2 little metal folds coming out. He told me to take a tiny screwdriver and jam it under each one individually and pry them away a bit. After a few times it seemed to do the trick and it charged every time I set it on the cradle.
For me it's the opposite, I also used the SDDP driver for the Samsung UN65NU7100. The TV would power down successfully 100% of the time but would never power ON. Once I changed the network connection from SDDP to the static IP address it powered ON 6 out of 6 times.