C4 Forums | Control4

Fingerprint scanner that integrates into Control4

Hi guys,

Just wanted to know how interested you guys would be in a driver that integrates a fingerprint scanner into Control4 that provides the following information

1. Username

2. Finger Scanned

3. Time of Scan

4. Date of Scan

5. plus more

Utilising this logic within Control4 you could do time of day based programming per user per finger to do whatever you want.

Currently all the finger print scanners i know of are low level. They only provide a relay output that just triggers a contact input on a Control4 system. Boring. So i figured why not make it a bit more exciting.

Anyway keep your eyes posted.

ekey_intra.jpg

ekey actually is the only one i'm going to work on. Our whole office runs on ekeys and it is the only fingerprint reader we utilise in jobs.

Not only that but they are one of the more advanced units out there that allow for 3rd party integration via UDP, wiegand or worse case relay.

They do have a wide range of products so it'll suit the majority of styles.

http://www.ekey.net/

Well, I had a guy that just had to have biometric front door and not push button or keypad. You could install a yale touscreen and not use any keypad codes at all (or maybe one backup) and install this by the door and just in programming say when the finger is approved unlock the door. Tough way of getting biometric door lock but thats a use I could have used (job long gone now unfortunately).

I suppose you could use a 1200lb access control magnetic lock as well for residential and have no visible deadbolt if they had another door in the home in the event of failure. Either way sounds great! :)

You could install a yale touscreen and not use any keypad codes at all (or maybe one backup) and install this by the door and just in programming say when the finger is approved unlock the door. Tough way of getting biometric door lock but thats a use I could have used (job long gone now unfortunately).

That's exactly what I was envisioning when I read this thread. I think its good to have both options available, if one fails, or if you want to give temp access a fingerprint is hard to setup vs. a code.

I enrol fingers for new staff every few months ( we share our building with two sister companies ).

Takes 1 swipe to enrol. Extremely easy. Used for access control on some of our doors. We also use RFID as well as backup however this baby hasn't failed in 3 years.

Anyway stay tuned.

Alan' date=' whatever they pay you, it's not enough.[/quote']

Amen.

RyanE

Tell my boss that j/k.

Anyway drivers almost finished. Just need to fit development around my project management / integration duties.

• 3 years later...
  • 8 months later...
Alan' date=' whatever they pay you, it's not enough.[/quote']Amen.

RyanE

Tell my boss that j/k.

Anyway drivers almost finished. Just need to fit development around my project management / integration duties.

Are these drivers available? I tried emailing RecluseAV who I thought had published them but hadn't heard back so perhaps I contacted the wrong people. We are planning to have an ekey reader in our new front door and wanted to integrate it into Control4.

Thanks!

31 minutes ago, bdo21 said:

Are these drivers available? I tried emailing RecluseAV who I thought had published them but hadn't heard back so perhaps I contacted the wrong people. We are planning to have an ekey reader in our new front door and wanted to integrate it into Control4.

Thanks!

Yes this was released years ago.  I no longer work at Recluse AV however they have staff who have taken over the sales and support of the drivers.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
Hi guys,
Just wanted to know how interested you guys would be in a driver that integrates a fingerprint scanner into Control4 that provides the following information
1. Username
2. Finger Scanned
3. Time of Scan
4. Date of Scan
5. plus more
Utilising this logic within Control4 you could do time of day based programming per user per finger to do whatever you want.
Currently all the finger print scanners i know of are low level. They only provide a relay output that just triggers a contact input on a Control4 system. Boring. So i figured why not make it a bit more exciting.
Anyway keep your eyes posted.
ekey_intra.jpg

Absolutely we have clients interested in this and we could sell it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.