C4 Forums | Control4

My Movies - Enhanced Media Scanning for Control4

ExtraVeg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I have a Netgear EVA9150 for movie playback. Can this driver improve my metadata search and still play using my Netgear.

If not, could my XBOX be used as a WMC player or do I need to buy the separate driver for that?

After a couple of hours I also have the mymovies integration working - I had previously installed only "collection manager" on my pc and we couldn't get the communication to work but when I installed the WMC version it began working properly.

My question relates to the quality of the cover-art, whereby if you out it up on a 120" screen it looks distinctly low-res as compared to the quality when using the native mymovies dune application. They look much better on the IPAD (helped no doubt by a much smaller screen).

To be fair I also have a similar complaint on the channel icons etc

I am running an HC800 over component with 1280x720 set as the resolution.

Is this normal?

• 4 weeks later...

To Steve909 and anyone else using the EV WMC driver:

Tell me a little bit about your experience with this driver. Long before Control4 ever thought of implementing MyMovies (a great idea), I was using WMC with MyMovies and playing my Blu-Ray movies via ArcSoft Total Media Theater. Is anyone streaming Blu-Ray via Control4 with the use of the EV WMC driver? Does the driver interface WMC with Control4 well?

Thanks

• 7 months later...

does anyone know of a way to select the playback device (Dune HD or Windows Media Centre) when selecting a movie from the Control4 OSD populated from MyMovies? i.e playback seems to automatically be via the Dune HD over and above WMC. I need to be able to choose. Possible?

No, it will select automatically via the OSD based on connection type, chronological addition and usage.

You COULD try to select the media player manually first, then select the movie via OSD - forget if this still works in newer OS versions but it used to in the olden days.

• 3 months later...

Looks like XBMC is really catching on; any plans on integrating? Would be nice to have the option to play through C4 gui. I know with Alans driver you can play files through C4 navigator but not movies scrapped by MyMovies driver; is this correct? I still want to be able to use my Dune and XBMC player.

Has anyone have a solution for this?

Looks like XBMC is really catching on; any plans on integrating? Would be nice to have the option to play through C4 gui. I know with Alans driver you can play files through C4 navigator but not movies scrapped by MyMovies driver; is this correct? I still want to be able to use my Dune and XBMC player.

Has anyone have a solution for this?

Extravegetable MyMovies function encrypts the movie path in order to ONLY Extravegetables Dune driver can read.

i've coded a driver that perform scraper using XBMC and you can play throught C4 gui.

Check the post below and the video in it.

http://www.c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?id=15281

Edited by bsalvador

• 6 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but I'm having an issue I can't seem to get around while trying to configure MyMovies at my new house. I keep getting the following error in the LUA output:

11/01/19 08:21:40 : Found My Movies for Windows, Version: 5.2.5.100
11/01/19 08:21:45 : EVQ - Timeout while connected - Count: 1 on connection 6001
11/01/19 08:21:45 : Connection lost, retrying connection in 15 seconds

Anyone have any ideas how to get around this? The only variable that is different from my old house to my new house is I'm now using a Pakedge Router instead of PFSense, and I scrapped the HC800 (still running same director - EA5).

On 11/1/2019 at 4:23 PM, ILoveC4 said:

I know this is an old thread, but I'm having an issue I can't seem to get around while trying to configure MyMovies at my new house. I keep getting the following error in the LUA output:

11/01/19 08:21:40 : Found My Movies for Windows, Version: 5.2.5.100
11/01/19 08:21:45 : EVQ - Timeout while connected - Count: 1 on connection 6001
11/01/19 08:21:45 : Connection lost, retrying connection in 15 seconds

Anyone have any ideas how to get around this? The only variable that is different from my old house to my new house is I'm now using a Pakedge Router instead of PFSense, and I scrapped the HC800 (still running same director - EA5).

There are a number of posts on this issue over the last few years but based on my experience, the following is my understanding of the issue...

As MyMovies developed it became slower (used more processing power and i/o) and as the C4 OS developed, the same happened on op the OS side (I must say that I moved away from MyMovies and this driver before OS3 came out, so I don’t know if that improved things or not...).

The above meant that some disks meta data did not transfer to C4 in the designated 15 seconds... I am guessing those with more meta data but am not really sure.  In my collection, I initially (after moving to MyMovies 5 when this first became an issue) found that about 1% of my collection timed out.   At first I fixed this with hardware upgrades but as time passed and software progressed, the problem came back and I had to exclude a few disks (always the same ones) from my collection to get this to work... I eventually moved from MyMovies to Infuse and haven’t looked back. Unfortunately Infuse does not integrate with C4 but has a phenomenal AppleTV app.

A simple solution would have been for Control4 (this became an issue after they bought Extra Vegetables) to change the time out (or even make it a variable... I know this was suggested to C4).

In your case, some connection is probably marginally slower than it was and you have gone over the edge.  One solution would be to downgrade to MyMovies 4 (I don’t believe there were ever issues with MyMovies 4 (also not sure that MyMovies 4 still works)... 

3 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

There are a number of posts on this issue over the last few years but based on my experience, the following is my understanding of the issue...

As MyMovies developed it became slower (used more processing power and i/o) and as the C4 OS developed, the same happened on op the OS side (I must say that I moved away from MyMovies and this driver before OS3 came out, so I don’t know if that improved things or not...).

The above meant that some disks meta data did not transfer to C4 in the designated 15 seconds... I am guessing those with more meta data but am not really sure.  In my collection, I initially (after moving to MyMovies 5 when this first became an issue) found that about 1% of my collection timed out.   At first I fixed this with hardware upgrades but as time passed and software progressed, the problem came back and I had to exclude a few disks (always the same ones) from my collection to get this to work... I eventually moved from MyMovies to Infuse and haven’t looked back. Unfortunately Infuse does not integrate with C4 but has a phenomenal AppleTV app.

A simple solution would have been for Control4 (this became an issue after they bought Extra Vegetables) to change the time out (or even make it a variable... I know this was suggested to C4).

In your case, some connection is probably marginally slower than it was and you have gone over the edge.  One solution would be to downgrade to MyMovies 4 (I don’t believe there were ever issues with MyMovies 4 (also not sure that MyMovies 4 still works)... 

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don’t think that’s the case - I think it has something to do with communication over port 51414 (I think). Unfortunately I’m not good enough with networks to determine if that is in fact the case, and if it I don’t know how to solve it. 

23 minutes ago, ILoveC4 said:

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don’t think that’s the case - I think it has something to do with communication over port 51414 (I think). Unfortunately I’m not good enough with networks to determine if that is in fact the case, and if it I don’t know how to solve it. 

Possible... of communication is. It happening, it will also time out... my network knowledge is zero, so I can’t help... sorry! And good luck!

My network knowledge is also very limited, but I do know my router (SonicWall) has the ability to isolate and report network traffic by device (IP address or MACiD), by protocol, and even by port.  This capability has saved me many times when trying to isolate network related issues in my system. I assume there may be some app out there that offers the same reporting capabilities.  If so, you can easily isolate if this is some type of a port, protocol, or other network issue.

3 hours ago, C4 User said:

My network knowledge is also very limited, but I do know my router (SonicWall) has the ability to isolate and report network traffic by device (IP address or MACiD), by protocol, and even by port.  This capability has saved me many times when trying to isolate network related issues in my system. I assume there may be some app out there that offers the same reporting capabilities.  If so, you can easily isolate if this is some type of a port, protocol, or other network issue.

Yeah, I need to dig in more. There is a real time monitoring section. I need to take a closer look. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.