C4 Forums | Control4

Intercom

bjeff

• 7 months later...
The intercom feature has not been released, and there is no firm date to when it will be released.

We don't typically pre-announce features, this one has been requested for a long time.

RyanE

Ryan, you should have a template of that answer on hand and just paste it every time this topic comes up :lol:

The intercom feature has not been released' date=' and there is no firm date to when it will be released.

We don't typically pre-announce features, this one has been requested for a long time.

RyanE[/quote']

Ryan, you should have a template of that answer on hand and just paste it every time this topic comes up :lol:

Or at least put "We don't typically pre-announce features." in your signature. :D:D

• 3 months later...

You'll have to wait and see.

I will say that CEDIA is not a great place to demo intercom, especially on the back wall. If you were there, you know that for basically the entire time the show floor was open, the back area was completely mobbed.

Not only that, but the two 7" panels on the back wall were only about 4 feet apart, which didn't help, either.

It'll be ready when it's ready.

RyanE

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Control4 *could* support Z-Wave, if you had a controller-type device that did Z-Wave, and wrote a driver for it.

It doesn't *natively* do Z-Wave. It's *never* natively done Z-Wave, and there currently aren't any drivers for Z-Wave devices or controllers.

RyanE

That link doesn't work for me. however, I was able to google that link and came across the cache of it, that did come up. It's a blog post on c4's website, in the section on their site where they are (mentioned) "in the news". Julie Jacobson is a writer for CE Pro magazine(http://www.cepro.com/community/bio/jjacobson), and mentioned the Control4 remote positively in the article, first posted in 2006 (http://www.cepro.com/article/ces_zigbee_z_wave_remotes_wheres_the_metadata/). I dont see any "official C4 comment" on Zwave.

That is comparing the adoption of two technologies, and is not a Control4 article, just happens to be in the press section because Control4 is mentioned in the article.

It says that Control4's remote at the time was the only remote using either of the technologies to do two-way UI, not that it could use either technology, just that it used *one* of them.

Control4 has never announced any Z-Wave products, or any intention to create any Z-Wave products.

RyanE

In fear of digressing further, and repeating Ryan, but how is it misleading? It's a blurb about control4 that mentioned a positive of the product in comparison to other offerings, that was posted on the control4 site. In no way did it say anything about C4 using Zwave or planning to use Zwave.

On my fictitional company's website's news section, I have reposted a blog article about my fictitional company's fictional convection ovens, in comparison to other fictional manufacturer's fictional offerings of a radiant cooking method. My fictional company is not known to make fictional radiant ovens, and the article mentions nothing about my current or future plans for radiant offerings. It merely states the current availabilites on the market in comparison to one another, and that my fictional convection oven was superior in a few ways.

• 4 months later...

I heard that Control4 has a new partner that is integrating their intercom system with Control4 -- I received some information on a Control4 compatible doorbell from them a few days ago. They say that they are integrating their intercom in a month or so. Company name is Audioshare... see www.audioshare.net ..hope this helps

I hope they will still be working on getting the intercom on the touchpanels working, because otherwise the intercom would be an annoyance to have to install separately adjacent to each of the touchpanels I have in each room. Plus, who needs a doorbell intercom if you have speakers at the door and a camera with a microphone... just an added expense with no benefit.

• 4 months later...

So it doesn't look like Control4 announced anything new on this issue at Cedia 2009. It appears that you have to use AudioShare or Audioshare. I agree with akg4y though. I'm not drilling more holes in my wall to add yet another panel to each room that already has a C4 touchscreen that should be able to do this. Why is this feature taking so long?

I did see AudioShare in the Control4 booth at Cedia last week. They showed paging into the Control4 system and even some navigator features (they opened a zigbee lock from their wall station LCD). It seemed like a pretty good option and it was actually working in the booth.

Archived