C4 Forums | Control4

T-Stat and C4 Amp

Seefour

Would like to get some input on some C4 hardware;

T-Stat.

Can I run the T-stat purely off a battery? Not sure if my dealer knows how to enable power stealing. What is the battery drain like? Is direct feed from the furnace essential or is there any way possible?

C4 Amp

How is the quality on the C4 amp? Does anyone have better experience (i.e. sound quality and price) in using another brand of multizone amp?

Ideas welcome! Great forum by the way.

Thanks.

It's not recommended to run the stat off of just battery power.

The best practice would be to have dedicated power run to the stat from the furnace, if you have the wire or a way to pull the wire, it works better with dedicated power.

RyanE

There seems to be some confusion about the t-stat. My dealer told me that power stealing is not yet enabled and that the t-stat only runs off the battery. Are there any schematics online that I could look at to see how the t-stat should be wired......perhaps then I can tell my dealer what to do.

There seems to be some confusion about the t-stat. My dealer told me that power stealing is not yet enabled and that the t-stat only runs off the battery. Are there any schematics online that I could look at to see how the t-stat should be wired......perhaps then I can tell my dealer what to do.

The t-stat comes with an installation guide that has sever different example of how to install it. I have included the PDF of the installation guide for your reference.

I am getting an error when trying to upload the PDF.

Error: Unable to move file from: /tmp/phpLcI2WJ to /home/c4dealer/public_html/forum/files/5d49a897b3c34292424b169bfa73a8ae/76db1315f39c405213cbb757bef536e4.attach.

Perhaps your dealer can RTFM (read the fine manual). ;)

Alan

It's in the manual. I did this myself with no HVAC experience.

Archived