C4 Forums | Control4

stuck input channel on Keydigital Fatboy (8x12) video distribution

Hi

I have a control4 system with switched video through 3 Keydigital Fatboy rack units.

4 DVRs + blueray, etc to many tvs

We have experienced intermittent problems recently - last couple of months w tvs getting stuck on a particular DVR

reboot of the system seemed to clear it

now, we've got one tv where it's permanently stuck on a single dVR.

that a particular output on a particular video switch box, with its input stuck on #2 (LEDs show this)

this persists whether signals sent to controller over Zigbee or Wi-fi on the network

check of logs shows commands being issued

I have a number of questions but - any thoughts on how to nail down the problem and possible fixes?

is it software, hardware, etc? I am an experienced systems debugger, although Control4 is foreign to me.

My installer hasn't been terribly helpful yet, I am kinda doing some work for him.

He just wants to mail it in and 'upgrade the software'. Before he knows what the problem is.

I'd prefer to have some clue whether a system upgrade is necessary, b/c that's just as likely to hose something else.

I figure if this is a software problem, my description above ought to ring a few bells.

Otherwise can post more specific system info.

Keydigital hasn't responded regarding determining any faults detected by their machine, if at all possible

thank you. actually, yes I can, by hitting the gold button, which i didn't realize was a button ;) I can cycle through all the inputs - according to the led. as it is now midnight, and someone would not appreciate me turning on the TV while they are sleeping, i'll have to wait till morning to verify the video signal actually switches, but, given the Input LED never moved for UI issued commands, and it does when pressing the button, that seems like progress in narrowing things down.

update-

using the front-panel button will switch the video inputs through the full cycle

however - the only DVR responding to commands appears to be the one assigned input #2.

more details

controllers are: 1) touch panels & remotes (Zigbee radio) 2) iPads (wi-fi)

in all cases, the Power On and Power Off functions on the control units control the TV in the room (regardless of which video signal is incoming)

the default input for this room programmed into the system is input #2

that is where it sticks without using the rack unit front panel button

the only DVR responding to DVR specific controls is the one routed to input #2

although I can switch video inputs to other DVRs using the rack unit button, only DVR on input #2 appears to respond to commands like GUIDE or CANCEL, etc.

I would add that, as far as we know, there were no changes made to the system btw the time we had 'everything working' (as far as we know) and now. Unless there are automatic downloads/patches, etc going on.

So to summarize

commands issued from controllers to change the video input signal at this location do not succeed, although the control units think they do (ie. they change which input label is displayed on the control device)

power/on off commands work fine (commands to the TV in the room)

manual input switching works, but if not on input #2 we still can't control the input device remotely

commands to the devices represented by the input #s only work for input device #2

• 3 weeks later...

I have an additional question relating to the Composer HE vs professional. I've been told I can't see the programming the installer did on HE, which appears to be true. Only 'my own stuff'. If that's true, and it seems to be, then how does posting this .c4p file help? unless it's all in there and I just can access it from HE?

thx. curious.

• 3 weeks later...

it seems like it may affect the whole box (1 of 3)

there are 2 of four outputs used on the both and both those TVs I have to manually switch the inputs if I want to switch the viewing source. I am assuming its the whole box and not just 1 of the four outputs.

nothing on the other 2 fatboy boxes has this problem

Archived