C4 Forums | Control4

Save / Restore System State

MSI

Does anyone know if there is a way to save the current system state (lights, songs, video.......) and then restore it ?

I would like to be able to program a save all, do a function, and then return the system where it left off.

Such as: When the doorbell is pressed, flash the lights and pause music and video, replace the current song with a door bell mp3 and play the mp3, then return everything to where it was when the doorbell was pressed.

• 1 month later...

I don't think you can DD ram. I don't think it presents itself as a coherent snapshot at a particular time that would make sense if you were to restore it later.

You're basically saying 'do a hibernate', which would only work if there were hibernate support built in.

I'm sure you're joking, but it's an interesting (but unworkable) idea nonetheless.

RyanE

Hehe, joking indeed. But it would be possible to make something that would go through all values of everything the c4soap offers. And then just restore it when you're done with the doorbell :P seems a bit drastic to do stuff like that, just for a doorbell though.

And does the controllers have any clue about current position in audio played? I think that would be the hardest thing to resume to "where it was" :)

I do notice that my music session does continue where it left off when I rejoin the session after powering off the room. What I did for my Master bathroom (Speakerpoint) is I have a music playlist running in a room that doesn't have any streaming devices (like the front door) then join the master bath to it, saves me from having to pick the playlist again and find the song I was last listening to.

Byron

Archived