C4 Forums | Control4

Remote stuck on waiting for network.

I've had it happen pretty rare but you may want to reconnect it to the mesh. If you don't have ComposerPro or remote assistance from dealer that'll be a problem though.

Just tried Step 1 with my SR250 and it did not require reconnecting to mesh so you won't need Cpro or dealer. Use Step 2 if Step 1 doesn't work however it will require reconnecting to mesh probably with dealer assistance unless you have Cpro.

Step 1: On the SR-250 press #, *, 1, 3, 4, 1, 3. This will remove the SR250 from the mesh and rejoin.

Step 2: Room Off, #, *, 1, 3, 4, 1, 3. This will remove the SR250 from the mesh completely and force you to readd it manually and identify it in Cpro.

Let me know what fixes it for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. I've tried all the steps above without any success. One interesting note, I can connect to my controller from my iPad w/ wifi. Perhaps the zigbee electronic component in my SR250 might have gone bad after 2 1/2 years. Does anyone know how much a replacement cost for the SR250? Anyone have any luck getting past the "Waiting for Network" by replacing the remote?

Thanks,

Kevin

When I run run command 0, I get the following message that get's incremented by 1 every 3 or 4 seconds. I quit after about 15 minutes and gave up. Here's the message that flashes:

TEST Ch - FW00.00.08

P0000 L0000 BC 55404

EUI 000fff00004149be

No Network

Assuming the ZigBee mesh is up and running (ie you have other remotes or lights that work fine) Doing the above should work - provided you have access to composer pro. If room off, #,*,1,3,4,1,4 doesn't say "leaving network" and a subsequent 4x "control4" button doesn't say scanning, It's likely the remote. If it DOES say scanning then says offline you may want to look at the zigbee mesh

Thanks for the help Cyknight. The ZigBee mesh is up and running - I have a second remote that works. When I try: room off,#,*,1,3,4,1,4 - I get: "Scanning" and then a few seconds later I get "No Network Found". Pressing the red "Control4" button 4 times also returns "No Network Found". Is this likely because I don't have access to Composer Pro? Or perhaps the remote is bad from dropping too many times (I have 3 kids).

The remotes tend to take quite a beating, and it does sound that at this point the remote has completely left the mesh (or pressing C4 button 4 times shouldn't start a scan.

In this case, even if already ID'd in the system, ZigbeePro needs to be "opened" to allow the remote to join - which requires ComposerPro

Archived