C4 Forums | Control4

IP cameras with existing drivers

AVLNC

I am in the middle of having a system installed. I want to have four cameras monitoring various parts of my property linked to the system. I am able to get Impact (http://www.impactcctv.com/) and Bosch cameras from a friend of mine. My dealer is willing to install these, but has had a difficult time with the one Impact camera that I provided him with integrating it into C4. My dealer would prefer that I use Panasonic cameras, but from the list he gave me, most are indoor cameras (I need outdoor), and most are not very aesthetically pleasing. What outdoor ip cameras have any of you had success integrating into C4? I hope my question makes sense. Please post anything that I need to tell you to clarify my question. Thanks.

• 2 years later...

I am looking for a suggestion on an anolog DVR 8 or 16 channel that will work with the Control4 system and intergrate into not only the video matrix ( neopro Concord ) but also provide video to the 7" touch screens. Is this possible to have both? How do you intigrate analog video to get it to the touch screens?

You'll need to use an analog to IP server like the Axis 241Q. Split the signal to go to both the Axis server and the matrix switch. As for the DVR, any should work with basic IR control but note that to see it's display you'll need the output of the monitor converted to component or soemthing so you can see it on your TVs.

• 1 month later...

Here's a twist..

I have 4 analog outdoor security cameras (with night vision IR) connected to a digimerge VCE300 security DVR. I would like to continue to use the DVR to record "events" (motion triggered etc), but I would also like to view the "live" camera feeds via C4.

How do I go from the digimerge DVR to the C4 without having to write some crazy driver for the digimerge (My installer is giving me a hard time about the driver $$)?

I think I can do it with the Axis product, but can it be a "plug-n-play" setup, or will I have to shell out more $$ to my eye gauging installer for programming?

FYI - I would have the "live" camera view setup on the DVR to display all 4 cameras, so i really do not need to control the digimerge DVR via C4 - just need to view it through the C4 main screen on my TV.

thanks

Don't want to highjack this thread but ..... related question ....

I've just been doing some research on this last week myself and was wondering if the DVR has a VGA (800x600) out if you can take that to a component a/v switch and just select the DVR as a source, if of course no control of the secutiy DVR was required ?

Don't want to highjack this thread but ..... related question ....

I've just been doing some research on this last week myself and was wondering if the DVR has a VGA (800x600) out if you can take that to a component a/v switch and just select the DVR as a source, if of course no control of the secutiy DVR was required ?

You'll need something along these lines:

http://www.ramelectronics.net/audio-video/video-converters/vga-rgb-hv-to-component-video/c10000-c11200-c11215-p1.html

wow !! cheaper solution and since i do not need to control the DVR via C4 - perfect!!!

thanks... Let's see what my installer has to say...

I would bet isf you hung an IR bud on your DVR you're dealer could make a pretty basic IR driver to actually give you some control over the security DVR if you wanted it.

If you couldn't tell, I've been kicking this idea around myself. The cost benefit for IP camera's right now just isn't there yet IMHO (and I already own a couple of Axis).

Are the Axis and Panasonic drivers generic or model specific? I have a Panasonic BB-HCM531A IP outdoor camera and an Axis 207 that I want to integrate with C4. Thanks.

There are C4 drivers that are specific to the model lines of both the Panasonic and Axis cameras.

• 4 weeks later...
Here is the silly question of the day:

How difficult is it to write a driver for a camera? I am looking at the Vivotek line of cameras.

Direct from Control4's knowledgebase, applicable until 2.0 of course since we don't know what changes that will bring when it comes out:

In order to be compatible (and you'd still need to write a .c4i file for the camera), cameras must support the following:

* A URL to retrieve a JPG image

* A URL to retrieve a MJPEG stream (not mp4) motion image retrieval, and JPEG image retrieval.

* Both of those must be available on the same IP Port

* Only basic authentication must be used, or no authentication to retrieve images / streams

* The camera must support sending an image size parameter, which is fixed to one of the following strings:

160x180

320x240

640x480

That is, Control4 only support those resolutions, and we pass those exact strings on the URL line

If the camera can't do that, you can't write a driver for it currently. Many cameras don't support MJPEG, and/or require that you have an ActiveX control to get the image data. If that's the case, you can't write a driver for it currently.

Any other commands (Pan/Tilt/Zoom/Focus) all need to be separate HTTP URLs.

http://c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?pid=30812#p30812

Search for these cameras CAMIPZW400, CAMIPZD500, CAMIPZB600 NEW CONTROL4 compatible IP cameras with night vision also has a FREE NVR software for your recording. The price is very cost effective. www.netzeye.com

There's no pricing on that site...do you have any idea what the CAMIPZB600 retails for?

Archived