C4 Forums | Control4

IP cameras with existing drivers

AVLNC

Just recommending ha!! a few of C4's dealers have been asking me to fill you guys in the new cams that are now compatible! The B600 is from $299-$349 thats RETAIL.

So drivers are already written? Where can these be purchased? These are PoE, right?

Yes its PoE and yes drivers are avail the cams were developed around control4 . Just call the number on the site. Wholesale available. The B600 is in back order due to high volume demand. As you can tell there are no IR cams compatible. Probably arriving end of Feb to beginning or march.

Just recommending ha!! a few of C4's dealers have been asking me to fill you guys in the new cams that are now compatible! The B600 is from $299-$349 thats RETAIL.

That's cool. Where are the resolution and Lux specs?

Do any of those Pan/Tilt/Zoom? I didnt see anything mentioned on the site about that... dont think I could live without the PTZ of my Panasonic BBHCM-581As, although those are twice the cost.

Can the motion detection on your cameras trigger events in C4 in any way? That is one feature I am still lacking from my 581s.

^Your 581 features motion sensing/triggering with one output. Like the 735, that output can be wired to the back of an HC-300 for triggering programming. Anyone else's camera will work the same way if they offer same features.

Have you actually done that? I asked about this a while ago and thecodeman suggested the same thing, but in the manual here:

http://www.jiaying.com/support/panasonic/ip_cam_guides/BB-HCM580_581/HCM580_581_IG-en.pdf

I cannot find anything discussing motion detection activation. There is the output relay terminal (3/4) but that seems to be triggered only if the inputs are triggered (door sensor etc)... it doesnt mention motion activation.

I have done this on my Axis 214. It's trigger is set by a configurable event (which can be motion or one of the inputs). It appears, from your cam's manual, that the output might only be controlled from a softbutton. I will try to physically check this on the 735 this weekend.

Just tried on a loose Pany 735- no problem. The "Trigger" event can be ordered to close the output contacts upon recording. Recording, in turn, is triggered by the motion window you draw-out with blocks on the image canvas.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived