C4 Forums | Control4

2.3 now available

ichbinbose

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's new or fixed?

According to the release notes - RHAPSODY is fixed!

250's are faster and more reliable.

AND you can add and remove new ipads and iphones yourself!

A buncha other cool stuff as well.

My dealer updated me tonight and we are running on the new version. I will let you all know if the Rhapsody is indeed fixed.

OH - and the lights control is totally new and better on the app and the touch screens.

Users can edit lights on scenes from the app.

Bill

Here's the overview from the announcement:

-------------------------------------------------

Subject: Now Available: Control4 OS 2.3.0

Message: OS 2.3 delivers powerful new features for you and your customers, plus lots of enhancements—large and small—to optimize system performance, deliver new tools to simplify system set-up, programming and customer support, and improve the customer experience.

New! Lighting Experience

A new, clean, intuitive UI for lighting is consistent across every device—TV screens, touch screens, smart phones, and tablets. Now it's easier and more intuitive for your customers to control lighting throughout their home or business.

More responsive User Interface with enhanced animation

Easily view lights, scenes, or both depending upon user preference

Improved dimmer controller—just grab the slider and move it to the desired light level

Customers have been asking for a little more control. Now you can give it to them – right from any TV, Control4® Touch Screens and MyHome PC.

Add, edit and rename lighting scenes

Change the brightness of certain lights while preserving the scene

Manually adjust lights throughout the house and then save those settings into a lighting scene

The new Advanced Lighting Scenes Agent also gives you the power to design sophisticated lighting scenes in Composer.

Easily track whether a scene is currently active based on a variety of possible conditions.

Scene active/inactive state is automatically indicated on the LEDs of buttons bound to a scene.

Toggle scenes with one button

New! MyHome™ Device Management

Ever had a customer call you on the weekend to let you know they had just purchased a new smart phone or tablet and needed to connect it to their Control4 system? Now your customers with a MyHome license can easily add, delete or swap out smart phones, tablets and PCs, without your assistance. Anytime they upgrade an iPad or replace their Android phone, they can simply make the change using their my.control4.com account—without any hassle or expense. (NOTE: technically the same info is available below in the links as is on the www site so no reason to redirect them)

The Access Agent lets you restrict access to certain features and functions using 4-digit security code protection. Fully restrict access to certain areas of the Control4 navigation or hide them from view. Ideal for:

Business owners who have to worry about staff making unwanted changes

Homeowners who want to restrict access for children or staff

People with second homes where guests or renters might be interacting with the system

Builders with model homes where certain functions need to remain off-limits

New! SDDP Interoperability

Ever have a problem finding the right driver for a piece of hardware? OS 2.3 features support for Control4 Simple Device Discovery Protocol (SDDP), which has the ability to greatly reduce the amount of time it takes to find and add drivers to a new or existing project. With OS 2.3, Composer can automatically identify and load the correct Control4 device drivers for you. All shipping Control4 Controllers and Touch Screens support SDDP functionality when they are updated with OS 2.3, and more Control4 and third-party devices will be coming online soon to further expand the ecosystem of SDDP-enabled products.

New! Drivers for Commercial & Residential

With nearly two dozen new drivers for residential and commercial applications, you have even more ability to integrate Control4 systems with third-party products. OS 2.3 also features the new Control4® Driver Editor, which allows you to create and test new drivers without requiring a fully installed, onsite Control4 system, making it much easier and more efficient to quickly design and develop drivers for third-party products. New drivers available with OS 2.3 include:

The FieldServer driver allows Control4 to manage a wide range of commercial HVAC systems to add climate control to automated business solutions.

For international lighting projects, Control4 now offers a set of drivers for KNX systems, which opens up a huge opportunity to integrate with a number of popular KNX solutions. These drivers are currently in external beta and will be released through the online database before the end of December.

Improved System Performance & Stability

OS 2.3 is purpose-built for high performance and reliability to ensure that Control4 systems are running at their peak. This generation of software is designed to deliver new levels of stability and, with more bug fixes than ever, promises to offer you and your customers an elevated experience.

SR-250 System Remotes

Dramatic improvements in remote performance.

The speed and reliability of button presses is greatly improved.

The motion sensor is more responsive when you pick up the remote, and it won't go to sleep when you're in the middle of a session.

A slow re-draw issue on List Navigator issue has been resolved so menus populate more quickly.

Audio and Video Intercom

The intercom experience is notably more consistent and stable, delivering a great experience for your customers.

Calls stay online more consistently.

The issue where Touch Screens get out of sync has been resolved.

Now you can have up to 30 video intercom devices in one call group (increased from 8 devices).

MyHome

MyHome delivers performance improvements and better stability, including Rhapsody.

Optimized start-up and reconnect time for iOS devices.

UI is more intuitive and consistent with the Flash-based Control4 interface.

Enhanced UI for the newest generation of devices.

New languages to better enable use worldwide.

Updated Drivers

More drivers with more enhancements make your installations easier.

Over 300 existing drivers have been updated to provide better performance with more being released all the time.

Extra Vegetables Drivers. OS 2.3 has addressed some issues that were creating performance concerns with some of these popular drivers. If you have customers with iTunes, Pandonos, or DIRECTV drivers and apps from Extra Vegetables, you'll want to update the drivers and the software to give them the best possible experience. A new Auto Update feature on the Version 7 drivers ensures that new updates will be pushed automatically without requiring site visits or time spent updating systems via remote access to streamline installation and support.

Performance Enhancements

Lots of behind-the-scenes updates significantly improve the performance of the system

If you're using HC-200 and HC-300 Controllers, you'll see significant performance improvements in many configurations.

Overall Director performance has been optimized

Extensive Bug Fixes

Lots and lots of software fixes to remedy those issues that ... well, "bug" you, including these and many more. See Release Notes for all the details.

Security system status and reporting

Improved Controller reconnection logic with remote access

Improved scalability and capacity for accessing Control4 web services

Announcement Agent set up and execution has been improved

Improved album art and movie metadata lookups using Gracenote

Sony STR2800-ES and STR5800-ES have improved zones control, improved IR learning and more

Improved SpeakerPoint update process to reduce a probability that they will require a manual power cycle after an update

Fixed an issue where Not a Number (NaN) was showing up instead of a temperature

Fixed an issue where an update failure occurred and you had to re-identify before you were allowed to update

-------------------------------------------------

RyanE

What's new or fixed?

My dealer updated me tonight and we are running on the new version. I will let you all know if the Rhapsody is indeed fixed.

OH - and the lights control is totally new and better on the app and the touch screens.

Bill

How long did the update take?

It depends on how big your system is, and what hardware you have.

For example, an HC800 updates a *LOT* faster than an HC300. Each lighting device or keypad and remote needs to update, which takes about 4-5 minutes per device.

RyanE

I'm excited about this part:

2.1.3 Access Agent

A new Access agent has been added to Composer Pro with optional access-control settings on

Control4 flash-based touch screens only. The Access Agent lets you restrict access to certain

features and functions using 4-digit pin protection. Fully restrict access to certain areas of the Control4

navigation or hide those areas from view.

Ideal for:

• Business owners who have to worry about staff making unwanted changes

• Homeowners who want to restrict access for children or staff

• People with second homes where guests or renters might be interacting with the system

• Builders with model homes where certain functions need to remain off-limits

Notes: (1) When elements are locked, a 4-digit pin code must be entered for access. In some cases,

elements can be hidden from the user interface. (2) Not supported on MyHome for iOS or Android

devices.Control4 Operating System (OS) Release

Version 2.3 Release Notes

Copyright © 2012 Control4. All Rights Reserved.

Saved: 12/10/2012 10:53:00 AM DOC-00063 Page 8 of 28

The following access control options are available. If locked, access requires a 4-digit code to unlock

and use it.

• Control4 Home—Lock the Control4 Home button on the status bar.

• Back Button—Lock the Back button on the status bar.

• Favorites—Lock or hide the Favorites button on the status bar. If hidden, the button is

invisible to the user.

• Room Selector—Lock or hide the Room Selector functionality on the status bar. If hidden,

the button is invisible to the user.

• Intercom—Lock the Intercom button on the status bar.

• More—Lock the More button on the Home Screen.

• Settings—Lock the Settings button in the More screen.

• Edit Lighting Scenes—Lock or hide the Edit Lighting Scenes icon on the Lighting screens.

If hidden, the edit icon is invisible to the user.

The 2.3 Update Manager is reporting that 10.5 v2 wireless touch screen gets updated to (2.2.4.195212 - Terminal version). This is not the 2.2.4.200568-res release and no definition for 'Terminal version' appears in the release notes.

What will be the limitations of running touch screens with 2.2.4 'Terminal version' on a 2.3 system?

This is a great update! I updated my system last night (1 300, 3 250's, 2 src 250's, and a bunch of switches/keypads) and the update was simple and fast! My system is running great. Love the new apps too...

This was a major update!

What's new or fixed?

Bill

How long did the update take?

The main update was back on line in 30 minutes or so - BUT - this morning (12 hours later) the last of my switches was being updated. <grin> I have a LOT of switches.

Bill

Newbie question.

Does this type of update need to be done by dealer if not how does one go about it.

All my previous updates coincided with dealer visit !

Thanks

Yes, it does. Find a time when you won't be home for a few hours and have your dealer do it remotely while you're gone.

My update was quick for all my controllers/touch panels (30 minutes maybe?) but switches/dimmers/keypads took a while...finished over night.

Anyone have trouble with MyHome android after updating?

Mine works fine. Did you update the MyHome app to 2.3 as well?

Also' date=' what version were you on before?[/quote']

Was on 2.2.4 and all was working.

Upgraded MyHome to 2.3 also.

I got MyHome to go on android but had to turn of SSL connections. I'm not real happy about that.

Still no luck with MyHome PC. Says "This device is not autheticated to work with your account." Yet on my.control4.com it is listed as PC, Windows 7 and is enabled.

What's new or fixed?

Bill

My 250 still chugged along after all the firmware updates were done on the zigbee devices. Ill give things a day to see if its improved. Not sure if the zigbee mesh needs to settle again after they all take updates.

OK - Post update now for a while - here is what I notice -

My 250's do indeed "wake up" quicker, but key presses have to be longer and more firmly done.

Rhapsody has NOT messed up once since the update - I have logged on with my cell phone and iPADs and key pads (this ALWAYS messed it up before) and it has worked flawlessly and the keypad display and ipad and iphone displays are MUCH faster as well.

So far this was a pretty flawless update.

Bill

Archived