C4 Forums | Control4

2.3 now available

ichbinbose

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bill,

Im at work right but Jesus....I want to take off and update right now!

SO HAPPY ABOUT THE RHAPSODY.

You have NO IDEA (well - it actually sounds like you possibly MIGHT have an idea) how much I wanted that fixed. The touch screen still says "Rhapsody sent an error" or some such tripe on the screen - but it SEEMS to no longer log me out automatically - now - in fairness - I HAVE had success this many times before - but it was rare -I have logged in several times on my wifes phone, my phone, her ipad and my ipad and they all worked without logging me out. and THAT has never happened before.

I was WRONG when I said that my system was done updating - I have fully 1/3 of my switches that are still updating - they are updating 3 switches at a time and take about 5 minutes each (it seems) to update. I have had three so far that failed to update and I am assuming that they will take off and try again when the others are updated.

At the moment - to anyone waiting out there - DO THE UPDATE! it is REALLY cool and MUCH better - guaranteed - no I have not seen anything that is an outright bug.

The new capability to turn on lighting scenes on your mobile is cool - HOWEVER - I don't see yet how to turn them off. i.e. once you turn on a lighting scene it seems to stay on and you cant say "oops - let me turn that scene off".

PS - Adam33 - why don't you have LOGMEIN (free account) set up so that you can log in remotely and get the update done from work?

Bill

My Sony 2800es didn't upgrade to 2.3' date=' is there a separate upgrade process for it?[/quote']

This is handled from Sony's OTA process. Control4 doesn't not handle the update.

Matt

So is it available then and how does one engage the update to trigger?

Great, thanks... Was a bit confused, cause out of the box, it did an update to 2.2.3? and then via composer pro upgraded to 2.2.4.x, so I assumed that came from Control4... I was under the impression that future Control4 upgrades would also come from Control4 and not Sony, unless Sony adds something beyond control4 control... Maybe there is something coming beyond... ?

Control4 does not handle any of the Sony updating process, including the Control4 OS packages. Control4 is just an added script which is built into Sony’s code. All updates need to occur from the Sony menu.

I have not heard of any plans to change this process.

Anyone have trouble with MyHome android after updating?

Mine works fine. Did you update the MyHome app to 2.3 as well?

Also' date=' what version were you on before?[/quote']

Was on 2.2.4 and all was working.

Upgraded MyHome to 2.3 also.

I got MyHome to go on android but had to turn of SSL connections. I'm not real happy about that.

Still no luck with MyHome PC. Says "This device is not autheticated to work with your account." Yet on my.control4.com it is listed as PC, Windows 7 and is enabled.

I had same issue, click on connection at the top and uncheck "use ssl" and it should work.

Mine works fine. Did you update the MyHome app to 2.3 as well?

Also' date=' what version were you on before?[/quote']

Was on 2.2.4 and all was working.

Upgraded MyHome to 2.3 also.

I got MyHome to go on android but had to turn of SSL connections. I'm not real happy about that.

Still no luck with MyHome PC. Says "This device is not autheticated to work with your account." Yet on my.control4.com it is listed as PC, Windows 7 and is enabled.

I had same issue, click on connection at the top and uncheck "use ssl" and it should work.

Thanks. that did it for the MyHome PC.

I still wonder why it won't work with SSL. I would rather have director secured a little.

Nice update though. I like the new lighting scenes.

So after all the fun reading here on the forum, I was going to update. Looks like I will wait until after the new year. While waiting, do most people who updated have a 300/500/1000 controllers or the new 250/800 controllers.

I am on a 300 controller and wondering if it is really worth the upgrade price or if I get the 800 I would make out better.

Any thoughts from the community?

C

Actually the 2.3 software is designed to run more effeciently on the "older: controllers (200/300 even 1000) so it will likely be well worth it from that perspective.

If it's worth the price....are you pre 1.8? if so, I would suggest getting a new controller (be it 250 or 800) instead of just a license. Beyond that the "cost" is no different.

Of course there's no real comparison between a system running on a 300 vs an 800 in general....

For modest budgets, don't forget the HC-250. Coming from an HC-300, you will notice a substantial improvement in system responsiveness. The 1GHz processor is plenty for medium sized projects, and you can still use those precious RS-232 ports on your HC-300.

Have a Samsung PN63B590 63" Plasma TV using the Samsung UN55B6000 driver....

The update to 2.3 completed just fine, but the TV no longer Turns on or Off. IR still flashes to the bud.

Any ideas?

I've been told there are over 300 newly updated drivers. It might be one of them.

Archived