C4 Forums | Control4

2.3 now available

ichbinbose

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have a Samsung PN63B590 63" Plasma TV using the Samsung UN55B6000 driver....

The update to 2.3 completed just fine, but the TV no longer Turns on or Off. IR still flashes to the bud.

Any ideas?

Why are you using the UN driver? There is and has been a driver online for the PN63C590 which will work fine on the B Series.

We just upgraded to 2.3 at my place.

Things went pretty smoothly except the following little niggle..

I can no longer do a full backup of my project.

When the backup runs, as it comes to the media library part..step 3 (coverart), I get the error:

"The system cannot find the specified file"

...and the backup fails..

I can backup without media info and personal info checked..but not a full backup..

Thoughts?

Solutions?

:)

Why are you using the UN driver? There is and has been a driver online for the PN63C590 which will work fine on the B Series.

That's the driver my dealer picked out in 2009 when he setup the system. I assume he didn't make changes because it was working fine until today.

For modest budgets, don't forget the HC-250. Coming from an HC-300, you will notice a substantial improvement in system responsiveness. The 1GHz processor is plenty for medium sized projects, and you can still use those precious RS-232 ports on your HC-300.

Are you saying that a HC 250 will run director faster than a HC300?

That's the driver my dealer picked out in 2009 when he setup the system. I assume he didn't make changes because it was working fine until today.

A reboot actually did the trick. Strange, never had that before.

Controlfouruserguy, where do you see the drivers for the PN63C590? My dealer said he only see's drivers for PN64E55D and other PN64EXXX models.

The other problem I am having since the 2.3 upgrade is with my CA sensor<>C4 light control puck integration

It's like everything has gone haywire.. the puck doesn't seem to work.. and the sensor has gone all weird

I must confess this is the sort of thing that kinda gets to irk me after awhile..

That a new roll out of an upgrade happens and things just don't flow thru seamlessly and upgrade with a minimum of fuss

I mean why do things like this start happening the very next day *after* the dealer has gone :lol:

Suggestions for a fix of this one?

Cheers

We just upgraded to 2.3 at my place.

Things went pretty smoothly except the following little niggle..

I can no longer do a full backup of my project.

When the backup runs, as it comes to the media library part..step 3 (coverart), I get the error:

"The system cannot find the specified file"

...and the backup fails..

I can backup without media info and personal info checked..but not a full backup..

Thoughts?

Solutions?

:)

Same error here. I have not tried it without everything checked. Troubleshooting ideas would be appreciated.

This may deserve its own thread as it is pretty major under the right circumstances...

Did you try a system restart and then backup (although I hate the idea of restarting a system without a current backup!)

A reboot actually did the trick. Strange' date=' never had that before.

Controlfouruserguy, where do you see the drivers for the PN63C590? My dealer said he only see's drivers for PN64E55D and other PN64EXXX models.[/quote']

Look in the ONLINE data baae. FYI- TV driver install does not require a controller reboot- only proper connections. Possibly a Nav refresh if he included any room-level colored button programming associated with the TV.

Did you try a system restart and then backup (although I hate the idea of restarting a system without a current backup!)

I hate that to. Been there (lost my entire project)...done that

So no. I haven't tried a reboot. That was my next thing to try to fix my C4 dimmer/puck issue as well..

But I'm reluctant to do this as well (for the reasons you say)

No. I'm going to head down the coast to the holiday joint. And enjoy some straight forward good ol fashioned light switching..

You know..

The type that when you turn on the switch the light comes on and when you flick the switch the other way..it turns off

:lol::lol::lol:

This may deserve its own thread as it is pretty major under the right circumstances...

Consider new thread started.

I agree it's major.

I mean huh???. :rolleyes:

Didn't anybody test this before the release ??

It's absolutley paramount users can save themselves a full backup using HE: independently from their dealer, or anybody else.

Hello... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

What is the best way to push the EV updates to the system? Where can I see what versions of the driver that I have in HE?

"Version 2.3 is now available! All our drivers work with 2.3 For the best experience please ensure that you are using the latest 7.0.x version of the Extra Vegetables' drivers and Control4 2.3 on all your installs."

I agree it's major.

It's absolutley paramount users can save themselves a full backup using HE: independently from their dealer' date=' or anybody else.

Hello... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:[/quote']

OK - my system (rather large) backs up just fine - no errors. It MUST be a driver or some file that you both have in common (that I don't have).

Bill

What is the best way to push the EV updates to the system? Where can I see what versions of the driver that I have in HE?

"Version 2.3 is now available! All our drivers work with 2.3 For the best experience please ensure that you are using the latest 7.0.x version of the Extra Vegetables' drivers and Control4 2.3 on all your installs."

One can usually "see" what driver is currently running using HE. Navigate to "monitoring">mouse over the device>select "properties"

For example the EV Sonos driver mouse over "Sonos virtual matrix"..it will be there. Mine says 6.0.7 and "not current version". (And i've just been upgraded to 2.3)

I (we) can not upgrade a driver like this with HE. Say after the dealer has left and done the Control4 upgrade..

You raise a *very* important issue.

I have bleeted on about this before. And got nowhere.

The issue is 3rd party drivers should upgrade themselves. In fact this should apply to every driver. If not. Users should be able to do a "scan" of their project using HE and do the upgrades themselves. It is just plain impossible for a dealer to make sure every driver is updated all the time after an C4 upgrade. Particularly when a project gets as large as mine. WTF. We have said this before time and again, but Control4 refuses to do anything about it.

You need to join our user facebook

Cheers :)

I agree it's major.

It's absolutley paramount users can save themselves a full backup using HE: independently from their dealer' date=' or anybody else.

Hello... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:[/quote']

OK - my system (rather large) backs up just fine - no errors. It MUST be a driver or some file that you both have in common (that I don't have).

Bill

Bill. Do you use the C4media library? When I leave this unchecked, the backup goes thru..

So it seems to be something with backup of coverart/media library..

Thanks for helping Bill.

Wap

You can usually "see" what driver you are using with HE. Navigate to "monitoring">mouse over the device>select "properties"

For example the EV Sonos driver mouse over "Sonos virtual matrix"..it will be there. Mine says 6.0.7 and "not current version". (And i've just been upgraded to 2.3)

I (we) can not upgrade a driver like this with HE. Say after the dealer has left and done the Control4 upgrade..

You raise a *very* important issue.

I have bleeted on about this before. And got nowhere.

The issue is 3rd party drivers should upgrade themselves. In fact every driver. If not. Users should be able to do a "scan" of their project using HE and do the upgrades themselves. It is just plain impossible for a dealer to make sure every driver is updated all the time after an C4 upgrade. Particularly when a project gets as large as mine. WTF. We have said this before time and again' date=' but Control4 refuses to do anything about it.

You need to join our user facebook

Cheers :)[/quote']

I show Sonos Tuner (no Sonos virtual matrix) version 5.0.7. I agree 100% on the driver updates.

^I can appreciate what is being said here. I have fallen to the XBMC driver upgrade and, as of lately, none of C3 drivers work on the new Cam 7s. However, it's to the point where I don't invest in that stuff anymore- too much of a gamble during OS upgrades like 2.3. It's such a struggle to completely integrate with C4. In the end, stand-alones rule. It's better to have the functionality and go through a few steps than to not have it all.

Trust me, it would be great if we could update our 3rd Party drivers ourselves. I cannot imagine it would be difficult... just think of Wordpress. However, as we all know, this would be way too easy and would blur the lines between the end users and dealers. Lord knows, Control4 doesn't want us to do that!

A reboot actually did the trick. Strange' date=' never had that before.

Controlfouruserguy, where do you see the drivers for the PN63C590? My dealer said he only see's drivers for PN64E55D and other PN64EXXX models.[/quote']

I think dealer is looking under TV category instead of Plasma TV. PNs are Plasmas...

^ What's a Cam7? I've just outlaid for a portable TS> Hope you don't mean one of those... "C3" drivers?..do you mean EV ones ?

Cam(era) 7" TSs as opposed to IE 7" units. C3 is the dev. for those themes up on 4Store. Correct, the new portable is a Cam 7. Personally, I blew it when I ordered those up. I was under the impression someone knew a two or thing about RF radiation patterns. It sucks like the old ports did.

Archived