C4 Forums | Control4

After 2.3 update project remains locked

Or does anyone know if it's possible to force the controllers to update to an older version? I backed my project on 2.2.4 before upgrading to 2.3, but the problem is that when I do a factory reset on my HC-250, it puts it back to 2.2.1, and when I go to update it, I can only update it to 2.3 (which I cannot modify as Composer says the project is locked). I wish I could somehow have the controller go back to the 2.2.4 build....

I went to the advanced option and the only version I see is the 2.3. It dont seem to have the option for 2.2.4... it seems that there is a web address where it goes to update to 2.3. I wonder if there is another url still out there for 2.2.4

Just winging it there./

Have you managed to fix this problem? I'm having the same issue. I spent 6 hours trying to fix it. When I did a USB restore to 2.2.4 and 2.3 and reloaded my project from what I saved in 2.3, I was still getting the error. The only way I got rid of it was restoring to 1.8 and updating back to 2.2.4. Even then, if I loaded my saved project from 2.2.4 (no idea why my pre-2.3 project started doing it) or the 2.3 version I would get it again. I had to use my saved project from 1.8 (lost some media info and programming I've done over the months) to get everything back to where it was. Pretty frustrating. I was enjoying the slight increase in redraw speed of my remotes' menus.

This may not be it but...what Composer are you all using? 2.3 is considered a mayor update release I think and using an older composer tends to display this error message because of this.

I am using the 2.3 version of composer. The upgrade seemed to go fine, but even after 6 hours I get the message about the project being locked.

Just wanted to update this: it seems updating from pre 2.0 to 2.3 can indeed cause a project to lock-up. Only way to cure is to back-up project, run a 2.3 restore and reload.

I suspect but cannot confirm backing up to an earlier 2.x version and upgrade would do the trick as well.

SO if you intend to update to 2.3, do so from 2.0 or up only, updateing to that FIRST from earlier versions.

Archived