C4 Forums | Control4

Programming a 6 button keypad LED

Brad_The_Lucky

Ok, that gave me some ideas....

I created a number variable. If any of the lamps turn on, I increment that variable by one. If any lamps turn off, I decrement that variable.

If the variable changes >1 then the LED turns Red. If the variable = 0, the LED turns Black.

That seems to work! For some reason though, I had to set the LED color to Black. When I tried to just turn the LED off nothing happened.

Just thinking now that this functionality would be neat to use for a button that monitors all of the lights in the house. If any lights are on, then the keypad button would be Red. Is there an easier way to to do this? I'd have to add the appropriate commands on every light in the house to increment/decrement the variable.

Just thinking now that this functionality would be neat to use for a button that monitors all of the lights in the house. If any lights are on, then the keypad button would be Red. Is there an easier way to to do this? I'd have to add the appropriate commands on every light in the house to increment/decrement the variable.

I think this is the only way to currently implement this function. It would be nice if there were a global variable provided by the system that indicated the status of all light loads. Perhaps ALL_LIGHTS_ON and ALL_LIGHTS_OFF variable that was set automatically by the system. There could be a check box for each load to tell the system to monitor that particular load, this way you could have loads that are not monitored.

Archived