C4 Forums | Control4

DSC Power864 (PC5020) Question

read99

My security guy has asked which integration model would work best with Control4. We have DSC (Digital Security Controls) Pwer 864 (PC5020) security system.

The two choices are either the DSC IT-100 or the DSC PC 5401. Which one will work best with C4?

Does anyone have experience with either of these?

Thanks

Jim

If I remember correctly, it's mainly the 'auto setup' functionality, and the ability to use keyfobs with the panel.

Other than that, I think the IT-100 is a pretty decent driver.

Of course, I don't remember for sure, I didn't make the driver myself, and haven't played with it much, so your mileage may vary..

RyanE

The express is the last version (Concord 3) panel, and they're not recommended, because not all Concord 3 panels can use the Automation Module.

I don't remember if express is one of the ones that *can* support it, but it seems like it is not.

All 3 of the Concord 3 models are replaced by the Concord 4 panel.

RyanE

• 1 month later...

Does control4 support any DSC panel that has the IT-100 control module? My installer says the driver is for the Power 832, but the 832 is no longer being produced, now there is the Power 1616, Power 1832 and Power 1832. Does control4 support these new panels?

The protocol command set is the SAME for all of those panels.

As long as he's using the IT-100 module and the driver for the 832 (IT-100 version), it should work fine.

As a matter of fact, in the upcoming release of 1.3.2, the driver will be called the 'DSC PCxxx and Powerxxxx IT-100' driver, for this very reason.

RyanE

Just as a note, there *is* a Power832 driver that doesn't use the IT-100 module, and a different one that is for the IT-100 module.

You definitely only ever want to use the IT-100 driver and module, it's got more functionality.

RyanE

Archived