C4 Forums | Control4

10 Digit registration Code

My control 4 is saying it is not registered, however when you look at my account screen everything looks OK, however I`am unable to use 4 sight or scan media files.

Spoke with my installer an he says "Control 4 are aware of the issue and they have a few server issues - Should be sorted next few days"

Checked my ME and HE under account services and they is not 10 digit code entered - I understand this is sent to you when you register on my control 4, however My installer created a email address for our account and looks like he as lost the password.

My point is -

Anyone else having this problem ?

Would the 10 digit code sort this problem ?

How do I get the 10 digit code if my installer can not get into the email ?

Cheers in advance

PS Live in the UK

Controller registration is done from within the my.control4.com account.

Login to your my.control4.com account, go to controller registration, generate the registration code and have your dealer re register the controller.

This is not a control4 server issue.

Many thanks - TheGreatheed - Just unregistered, re registered put the number in Account Services - All working

My system was also saying controller not registered (which it was) so i unregistered my system and tried to re-register it and i get the following error while trying to register.

Error while communicating with the Web Services. Fault = SSL_ERROR_SSL

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Now that my controller is not registered my system can't see my site license and none of my mobile navigators work. Can someone please help? Thank you

The SSL patch worked and now my controller is registered again. There is still a problem with the iPads not authenticating though. When I try to connect I get the error "you are not authorized to connect to the system on this network. Please confirm this system is registered on your my.control4 account".

My iPads are on the same network as my C4 system and they used to work before. Not sure why they won't work now. 3 of them work fine but the others will not.

On the ipad I can see the controller, the IP address, the director version and the number of licenses in use but no matter what it will not connect. If I log into my control4 account I can also see the iPad and it has a checkmark beside it.

The iPads in question have 2.3.1.192032 my home.

Can someone please help?

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Yes they connect to network no problem. Tried powering off. Makes no difference.

if your using a ipad or iphone  open the app then select more then  on the top edit the in the middle of the screen it says  synchronize that should resync you devices . if all fails delete and redownload

Archived