C4 Forums | Control4

Blue Iris Integration?

Hi, it depends what do you need to do with BI.
You can access BI on local Lan via browser (I am using Chrome or Firefox). You need to set up in BI Settings -> Web server. Enable http local lan ip address access.
If you want to control IB via HTTP API json commands, use Github software in Phyton ( by Magnus Appelquist magapp/blueiriscmd) or my Java port jurek1oo/blueiriscmdj. Let me know how it went. Jurek

I have about 30 cameras now on Blue Iris (actually two computers busy with it). It is so powerful and fast and emails me issues and is totally controllable. I have not found anyhting in Control 4 that tempts me into trying to put it there.

By the time the cameras come on line in Control 4 there is nothing there any more.

Bill

18 hours ago, TexasBill said:

I have about 30 cameras now on Blue Iris (actually two computers busy with it). It is so powerful and fast and emails me issues and is totally controllable. I have not found anyhting in Control 4 that tempts me into trying to put it there.

By the time the cameras come on line in Control 4 there is nothing there any more.

Bill

Do you use the Blue Iris mobile app?

On 3/28/2020 at 9:25 PM, TexasBill said:

Bill

What computer do you use for your Blue Iris? There is alot of information out there but other peoples experience is much more reliable with what actaully works.   Or did you build it?

1 hour ago, Gene said:

What computer do you use for your Blue Iris? There is alot of information out there but other peoples experience is much more reliable with what actaully works.   Or did you build it?

https://ipcamtalk.com/wiki/choosing-hardware-for-blue-iris/

a great FAQ for building out hardware.  My 4-5 year old PC is doing fine running 14 cameras.

1 hour ago, Gene said:

I use two junk computers - they are total trash - nothing spectaclar at all - there are a couple of things that you can do to make the CPU usage drop incredibly on the computer so that you can easily ahve 15 cameras running on one computer with 70 percent utilization as well.

3 hours ago, Gene said:

You can buy pretty good used computers cheaply on Amazon.  Around $150 for a decent PC. Here is one for $155.

Dell Optiplex 7010 SFF Desktop PC - Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz 8GB 250GB DVD Windows 10 Pro (Renewed) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.