C4 Forums | Control4

Linksys SRW224P

hunger

I have a Linksys SRW224P managed PoE switch into which I have plugged, among other things, 8 PoE VoIP phones, 2 Linksys PoE WAPs, and 4 Control4 Ethernet Mini Touch Screens. When the switch powers up, or I reset it, the phones and the WAPs power up immediately--the Touch Screens do not. I have to go into the power configuration tab on the switch configuration web page and reapply the settings, and then the Touch Screens come right up. The total power draw with everything running is 46 watts out of 180. I am running the latest (2.0.1.9) firmware on the Linksys switch. Does anyone have any experience with this switch, or had similar symptoms with another switch?

• 1 month later...

Did you ever get any resolution to this issue?

I am looking at using an updated version of the switch. I am considering a Linksys SRW2024P and want to know if I will have similar problems?

My system will have less PoE devices, but I am still concerned about the impact of power failures.

Strange - I'm not sure it's a Linksys problem - as we use these exact same switches and never seen this occur before. As an experiment - try unplugging all your other PoE devices except the C4 devices - and boot it up... does that work? Also - are you running the latest firmware to the switch?

Archived