C4 Forums | Control4

Trigger touch screen to display alarm keypad

Is there a way to make all the touch screens in the house light up and display the alarm keypad when the alarm is tripped? One of the doors is not near an alarm touch panel but has a wall mounted TS very close by. This would help a lot instead of touching the screen. pressing Security, then Security System....

Thanks!

Save the screen as a book mark by going to it and pressing the "star" button at the top of the screen, then on alarm program them to go to that favorite/bookmark.

You'll have to save that bookmark separately for each screen, and add a line of programming for each screen.

Thank you guys! I got that part working but i am not sure which event i should program it to. Is it when the alarm enters an "alarm state" or "trouble state". I have the concord 4 module and so i dont know what the time period is called between the zone break and when the code is successfully entered. that long and annoying beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep....

Alarm and I would also put it on the sensor itself for each door, using WHEN door contact is opened IF alarm is armed.

You may need to have a dealer add the contact to the system and connect it to the correct zone on the panel.

• 3 years later...
2 hours ago, cybuch said:

Its not possible on the new T3 TS

Mhhhh. well...

IF you have a driver using the new security proxy, and if the driver has the ability, there is the option to have the proxy do a Show Panel on alrm (as well as entry/exit chime and panel chime)

6 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Mhhhh. well...

IF you have a driver using the new security proxy, and if the driver has the ability, there is the option to have the proxy do a Show Panel on alrm (as well as entry/exit chime and panel chime)

Quite correct although that was a fairly recent update (at least on the Domosapiens driver this just suddenly appeared at some stage recently - probably around the time Os2.9.0 came out).

A really great upgrade and hopefully we will see more proxies / drivers doing this!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2017 at 9:38 PM, Cyknight said:

Not sure, it's likely driver dependant, you'll find it under the PARTITION though, under the "UI association" tab - not under the main driver. Unsure if that shows under HE

Is there anything else that needs to be done besides checking off the boxes under the UI Associations?  I'm still having trouble getting this to function after doing so.  Thanks. 

EDIT: forget it...I lied.  It suddenly decided to work as expected.  Thanks!

Archived